Raindance calf

Help Support CattleToday:

Richnm said:
First raindance calf a bull . 1 week old. Thought I would share. 82lb bw

Good looking little guy. I just got my shipment of 10 straws of Raindance -- 5 conventional and 5 female sexed. Excited to see how he works in my environment. I'm trying produce high-quality replacement females.

From what people say Raindance females will have better udders and teats that Renowns. My Renown has the best udder and teats of my heard. High bar.

wbvs58 said:
Looks like he has a bit of a backside to him Rich. Your country looks like it needs a bit of rain to get the grass growing.

Ken

I have a place in the mountains about 30 mins east of Albuquerque. It's just a big corral. No rain all year. All hay fed.

Nice calf. Raindance calves have been really consistent and worked really well for us.
They are slick haired, long and have good performance. We have flush sisters by Resource and Renown as well and at this stage we prefer our Raindances.
Another bonus on Raindance is he seems to PAP well. Best of his flush brothers at this point.

LCBulls said:
Nice calf. Raindance calves have been really consistent and worked really well for us.
They are slick haired, long and have good performance. We have flush sisters by Resource and Renown as well and at this stage we prefer our Raindances.
Another bonus on Raindance is he seems to PAP well. Best of his flush brothers at this point.

We used Rainfall a little this year. Do you have any experience with him and how his offspring PAP?

Ned Jr. said:
LCBulls said:

We used Rainfall a little this year. Do you have any experience with him and how his offspring PAP?

We don't have any firsthand experience with Rainfalls. We do have Presidents as well. With the initial PAP EPDs. It looks like Raindances are in the top 10 percent.
I think Rainfalls are better than average for PAP as well. Presidents are in the 60 percentile, although all 5 of our Presidents are really good for their PAP EPD's.

LCBulls said:

I need to start paying attention to pap. We're at 5,500 feet, a lot of my customers are over 7,000 feet. Any experience with udders or teats or Raindance daughters? I will use Raindance over President due to sexed semen.

Richnm said:
LCBulls said:

I need to start paying attention to pap. We're at 5,500 feet, a lot of my customers are over 7,000 feet. Any experience with udders or teats or Raindance daughters? I will use Raindance over President due to sexed semen.

Ours are just yearlings and also some that are around 3 months old. They look like they will make excellent cows this far. We actually flushed a Raindance Heifer a little bit because she lost one eye, in case something happened to the other one.
We also really like our Resource/ Renown's but the Raindances are great. Haven't had a dud yet.

I have another Raindance heifer I will take pics tomorrow when I go to the ranch to feed.

I think I am going to use S A V Downpour this year. Rainfall x Resource x 0075. Plus he died , that helps when selling.

Richnm said:
I think I am going to use S A V Downpour this year. Rainfall x Resource x 0075. Plus he died , that helps when selling.
Plus he died , that helps when selling. :lol: :clap:

Ebenezer said:
Richnm said:
Plus he died , that helps when selling. :lol: :clap:

It's all about having something your neighbor doesn't have and can't get . It works like a charm.

Latest posts