Resource or Raindance/President/Rainfall

Help Support CattleToday:

Richnm

Reaction score
Resource is known for passing the power and mass down. Most on here love him calves, now some people are saying that Charlo x 4136 brothers are better. I would like to hear opinions and pics. I like muscle.

Richnm said:
Resource is known for passing the power and mass down. Most on here love him calves, now some people are saying that Charlo x 4136 brothers are better. I would like to hear opinions and pics. I like muscle.

I'll be watching this thread. My interest has increased in SAV cattle in the last few years. What I've seen so far have been very mixed and inconsistent in size and muscling. I've seen the same in the progeny of Resource. I recently bought an 18 month old bull that is over 80% SAV bloodlines. Time will tell how he matures. He lacks base width which I see in most Angus. Some of the stoutest calves I've seen are sired by Baldridge Colonel. I want to find a consistent sire regardless if breeder or bloodline.

Not to get scolded by the CT mods, but there is a FB AI Sires message board (used to be public, now you must join) that has extensive threads on the merits of all SAV bulls. According to that board there is SAV and everything else. :D

It's a good board to get some first hand experience with bulls though.

I have one president bull calf about a month old. He's got some more length than the average calf. I have some southern charm bull calves and they appear to have more thickness at the moment compared to the president . I'll snag some pictures tomorrow.

I like the look of the president better. Will be interesting to see how everything turns out.

I tried resource on some commercial cows. I sure like the look of those calves at a few weeks. They have a power look to them. And I may get some hate on here but I haven't been super impressed with president so far. Just don't stand out in the bull catalogs. Resource and renown progeny still look better to me. But Presidents calves our putting on the pounds. Good growth there. The other bulls in that flush intrigue me. Waiting on more proof on them.

We have used Resource since 2013 have a bunch of his daughters. He isn't perfect but he is mighty dang good. We have also Renown and really like what he brings to the table. We have also used President, Raindance, Reign and Rainfall. President has been a bit inconsistent, Reign calves are really good deep thick but have some attitude issues. Raindance have been really good in phenotype and disposition. We are going to wean our first Rainfall calves in a few weeks and they so far are really impressive. Time will tell but that is what we're seeing thus far.

Gizmom

gizmom said:
We have used Resource since 2013 have a bunch of his daughters. He isn't perfect but he is mighty dang good. We have also Renown and really like what he brings to the table. We have also used President, Raindance, Reign and Rainfall. President has been a bit inconsistent, Reign calves are really good deep thick but have some attitude issues. Raindance have been really good in phenotype and disposition. We are going to wean our first Rainfall calves in a few weeks and they so far are really impressive. Time will tell but that is what we're seeing thus far.

Gizmom

This is pretty spot on.We have calves out of all of these Sires as well with the exception on Rainfall. We have had the most consistentcy with Raindance. We really like Resource and Renown's as well.
The Raindances are probably my favorite. But they are all good in different ways.

gizmom said:

Gizmom

I'd be interested to hear how your Rainfalls turn out. I've got him in the tank for my Fall calving cows. :banana:

Check out lot 61A in the upcoming Maternal Gems Sale he is a Rainfall out of a first calf heifer. So far I really like the Rainfall calves. We have a President out of our 9057 donor that may be the best heifer we have raised. I say that then see an Extension out of 9057 and think well maybe she is the best lol then here comes a Renown out of 9057 and dang she is also in the top I guess I'm just really excited about my heifers this year. I flushed 9057 to Rainfall this year and Regard, I wouldn't mind having an entire cow herd build around that cow.

http://www.simsplusllc.com/

Gizmom

I have two Rainfall heifers - the best heifers we have produced. Great feet and legs. Excellent stride. Phenotype is excellent. Nice disposition too.

FYI: Rainfall son topped Schaff sale this year, $ 250,000. And third highest at $ 100,000.

I bought 10 straws of Raindance female sexed Semen for Invitro & AI on a few cows. I am excited to build a strain of Raindance & Rainfall cows.

I, too, just ordered female sexed semen on Raindance from ST Genetics. I'm really excited to see how he works with the various bloodlines in my herd. Just haven't decided who to use him on yet ... probably the females needing a tad more length and some more overall muscle mass and width. I believe someone mentioned the Facebook group that talks about A.I. sires and the like. An awful lot of folks on that group sure like their Rainfall calves.

Latest posts