Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":1gbox6mo said:
1982vett":1gbox6mo said:
We are at 10% Monday and Tuesday. 20 for Wednesday. 50 Thursday. Last time I cut on Friday I baled on Monday. it was supposed to raining Tuesday but didn't till Wednesday morning. Trying to do a repeat. I'm thinking by Thursday it might be nice to get a little rain. Ground is getting hard real fast.

I have two pastures still too wet for a tractor.
My hayfield still has standing water.

Kinda surprising how fast we are drying out.

Vette we were so saturated it is still seeping out of the top of the hills and running down the road ditches
and into the bottoms.
My hay field you need to take three pair of rubber boots when you go in. One on and two slung over your
shoulder. As you loose one you have a spare.

Well, we got the hay cut and rolled. So thankful it's done. Hopefully, the next cutting will better quality since this one was about 3 weeks past it's prime. At least there's plenty of it. ;-)

Well, I may regret it, but sight unseen, I turned down a load of hay from my usual supplier this weekend. Cut less than 5 miles from me. He said it "is clean, fertilized weed free bahia/coastal mix". I know of no one in my area that has been able to spray or fertilize this spring, and last year's 1st cut hay I got from him had a lot of ryegrass and early weeds so instead of calling him on his claim, I just said I would wait for the next cutting--tho I will probably buy from someone else. Had he not made that claim, I would have at least went and looked at it.

1982vett":ztmzxz15 said:
Caustic Burno":ztmzxz15 said:
1982vett":ztmzxz15 said:
We are at 10% Monday and Tuesday. 20 for Wednesday. 50 Thursday. Last time I cut on Friday I baled on Monday. it was supposed to raining Tuesday but didn't till Wednesday morning. Trying to do a repeat. I'm thinking by Thursday it might be nice to get a little rain. Ground is getting hard real fast.

We the exception of the guys trying to make hay. I can't believe I'm saying this. We could use a shower.

greybeard":24yt4nah said:
Well, I may regret it, but sight unseen, I turned down a load of hay from my usual supplier this weekend. Cut less than 5 miles from me. He said it "is clean, fertilized weed free bahia/coastal mix". I know of no one in my area that has been able to spray or fertilize this spring, and last year's 1st cut hay I got from him had a lot of ryegrass and early weeds so instead of calling him on his claim, I just said I would wait for the next cutting--tho I will probably buy from someone else. Had he not made that claim, I would have at least went and looked at it.

I have 20 acres I'll turn the cow in on because of the ryegrass and some of the clover is dried up.

1982vett":25dj6mz9 said:
Got the rain pushed out till Friday now.....watering the garden and the yard. :roll:
You still have a garden??? Mine did not survive the constant deluges--all turned yellow then lost most of the leaves and is now grown up in tall grass.

I guess it stopped just in time for the corn. The peas aren't as green as they should be and the size of the pea is rather small but I have peas. The sun scalded the tomatoes but a few are ripening. I didn't plant many but I pulled the onions as soon as I could walk in the garden. Most are the size of a tennis ball. Got one scrapping off the green beans before the sun finished them off. Squash are pathetic. Even the peach and plum trees I set out this spring drowned.

1982vett":p5hkkful said:
Caustic Burno":p5hkkful said:
1982vett":p5hkkful said:

Really hoping this doesn't turn out like '90 Wet spring then dry as a bone. Wild fire everywhere. That johnson grass is 6 feet now.

Came through your neck of the woods yesterday Boogie...We just went driving...went to Stephenville, then up 377 to Granbury. Walked the square with wife and ate at one of the sandwich shops. Left and took 377 to Cresson and turned to Cleburne. Took 174 so we would cross the Brazos down there. Must have been a mile wide it was so far out in the woods and still really rolling. Gonna be a while before water levels go down. Tons of log jams in the things too. Lake Granbury looked "just right".

CB we have a chance for a couple of days this week but I think it's only 20-30%. Don't need anything. Funny thing is I have a couple of places in my lawn that already are looking like the sun is burning it. Guess I'll have to put the sprinklers on those spots. Need to spray that St. Augustine and plant plain ol' bermuda.

Yep the grass hasn't liked all this sunshine after a month of clouds. I don't think the yard has grown a half inch this week

TexasBred":365mi89k said:
Came through your neck of the woods yesterday Boogie...We just went driving...went to Stephenville, then up 377 to Granbury. Walked the square with wife and ate at one of the sandwich shops. Left and took 377 to Cresson and turned to Cleburne. Took 174 so we would cross the Brazos down there. Must have been a mile wide it was so far out in the woods and still really rolling. Gonna be a while before water levels go down. Tons of log jams in the things too. Lake Granbury looked "just right".
Tonight:
Flood Warning
Statement as of 9:17 PM CDT on June 08, 2015

The Flood Warning continues for
the Trinity River in Liberty
* until further notice... or until the warning is canceled.
* At 0815 PM Monday the stage was 29.6 feet.
* Major flooding is occurring and major flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 26.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue at 29 to 30 feet the next several days as
Lake Livingston continues to pass inflows.
* At 29.0 feet... major lowland flooding begins as homes in several subdivisions
above Liberty begin flooding. Extensive flooding over much of Liberty County
can be expected with each incremental rise in the river.

houstoncutter":37zdmkes said:
I'm working on lake property, so that means it's fixing to start raining. You have been officialed notified

Crap we will have to use bass plugs in Trinity Bay until next fall.
Last time you started working on the barnominum it rained for 39 days and nights.

Caustic Burno":31s8iya0 said:
houstoncutter":31s8iya0 said:
I'm working on lake property, so that means it's fixing to start raining. You have been officialed notified

Crap we will have to use bass plugs in Trinity Bay until next fall.
Last time you started working on the barnominum it rained for 39 days and nights.

Yep the Trinity was rippin by in front of the barn. Their was some nice looking water flowing in from White Rock Creek, it was a good thing I didn't have the pirogue with me I couldn't have resisted

I just came back from Camilla, by way of the river bridge directly below Lake Livingston Dam. Gate outflow and velocity looks the same as it did over a week ago, tho TRA reports flow is 4400 cuft/sec less today than last week--there's currently 68,200 cu ft of water being released every second compared to 72,600 cuft/sec last week. I couldn't help but wonder, as I drove over the bridge, what effects all that water is having to the strata the bridge pilings are anchored to. All that water flow at that velocity for such a long period of time has to be scouring the channel bottom pretty good. I wanted to stop and stand on the pavement of the bridge to see if it vibrated like the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway does when they open Bonnet Carre Spillway but there was traffic coming up behind me.

Latest posts