Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

Just passed though in Buna . They called a voluntary evacuation on bolivar . I have a boat and rv sitting down there . I guess I should stop working long enough to watch the news . Good thing is both are insured .

JSCATTLE":g33g80wn said:
Just passed though in Buna . They called a voluntary evacuation on bolivar . I have a boat and rv sitting down there . I guess I should stop working long enough to watch the news . Good thing is both are insured .

Might need a boat to go get the boat.

JSCATTLE":2kaympim said:
My son and daughter-in-law are down at Bolivar right now vacationing at my twin's beach house--I am supposed to go meet them tomorrow. I've been away from the computer since earlier this morning, so your post is the first I've heard about it. I guess I better chech it out and try to contact #3 son.

GB,
Hope they are out by now. Water probably over the road at High Island by now. Just spoke to some relatives that live at Crystal Beach and they got out to Santa Fe around 3pm. Water will get rough enough to shut down the ferry.

bbirder":uvjqe7vq said:
Reminds me of Allison.

SSsHHHHHHH!!!
Hush your mouth--we don't say the A word!!

If this holds true tho, the folks on the Trinity and in the Arms of God aren't going to see any relief any time soon.

Overall, the upper air wind pattern across the GOM has become a bit more conducive to cyclone formation over the past day, but significant 20-25Kt wind shear is still impacting the eastern side of the system, while drier, mid-level air to the W/SW of the system is impeding development. Air Force RECON data this morning found limited deep convection (as confirmed on SAT imagery), though there are winds to gale force occurring well to the east/northeast of the low level system.

With none of the dynamical and more reliable models showing the system gaining much strength over the next 24-36 hours as the system approaches the SE central Texas Gulf coast, the primary threat from INVEST 91L will be heavy rainfall. The latest GFS forecast for Total Precip is calling for 2"-4" totals along the SE central TX coast during the next 24-48 hours. However, as the disturbance interacts with a mid-latitude TROF across the Plains, upwards of 5"-7" of new rainfall may occur from north central TX into eastern OK and much of Missouri by late this week.

greybeard":2svtwit8 said:
bbirder":2svtwit8 said:
Reminds me of Allison.

SSsHHHHHHH!!!
Hush your mouth--we don't say the A word!!

If this holds true tho, the folks on the Trinity and in the Arms of God aren't going to see any relief any time soon.

Overall, the upper air wind pattern across the GOM has become a bit more conducive to cyclone formation over the past day, but significant 20-25Kt wind shear is still impacting the eastern side of the system, while drier, mid-level air to the W/SW of the system is impeding development. Air Force RECON data this morning found limited deep convection (as confirmed on SAT imagery), though there are winds to gale force occurring well to the east/northeast of the low level system.

With none of the dynamical and more reliable models showing the system gaining much strength over the next 24-36 hours as the system approaches the SE central Texas Gulf coast, the primary threat from INVEST 91L will be heavy rainfall. The latest GFS forecast for Total Precip is calling for 2"-4" totals along the SE central TX coast during the next 24-48 hours. However, as the disturbance interacts with a mid-latitude TROF across the Plains, upwards of 5"-7" of new rainfall may occur from north central TX into eastern OK and much of Missouri by late this week.

Claudette was no picnic either still holds the record rainfall dropped in 24 hours

"In Alvin,Texas 42 inches (1,100 mm) of rain fell in one day, which is the record 24 hour precipitation amount for any location in the United States. Significant coastal flooding and up to 15 inches (380 mm) of rainfall was reported in Louisiana."

bbirder":2ky5e4ya said:
GB,
Hope they are out by now. Water probably over the road at High Island by now. Just spoke to some relatives that live at Crystal Beach and they got out to Santa Fe around 3pm. Water will get rough enough to shut down the ferry.

All mine are in the Santa Fe and TC area.
Boys said the tides are already running above mean levels.
I haven't heard if the flood gates are closed on the storm levees system around TC.

Caustic Burno":wotvslma said:
Ran the diesel generator this morning and the bulk tank is full.
Mrs headed to town for more can goods have no earthly reason for what
you could live six months out of the pantry now. Guess that pack of Comanche grandkids
drew down the reserves last week below her comfort level.
Need to pick up a few more pair rubber boots as they are becoming a fashion statement
in manly footwear. No joke the feed store, mens clothes shop here is now carrying different
color rubber boots with design patterns.
But beads and roman sandals won't be seen?

jedstivers":24g1zkuk said:
Caustic Burno":24g1zkuk said:
you could live six months out of the pantry now. Guess that pack of Comanche grandkids
Need to pick up a few more pair rubber boots as they are becoming a fashion statement
in manly footwear. No joke the feed store, mens clothes shop here is now carrying different

No but looking like you fell face first in a tackle box is.

jedstivers":3bpkzxs9 said:
Caustic Burno":3bpkzxs9 said:
No but looking like you fell face first in a tackle box is.

Caustic Burno":3114zmi6 said:
I haven't heard if the flood gates are closed on the storm levees system around TC.
My mind went blank-----TC?

greybeard":3u0cmkl1 said:
Caustic Burno":3u0cmkl1 said:
My mind went blank-----TC?

Texas City.
We better be glad Bill didn't have time to strengthen it is hitting the Galveston Bay complex
dead center. That would have shut down a major chunk of our countries refining capacity.

at201502.gif

- none

* current watches and warnings:
- a Tropical Storm Warning remains in effect for
Liberty... Colorado... Harris... Chambers... Wharton... Fort
Bend... Jackson... Matagorda... Brazoria and Galveston

* storm information:
- about 50 miles south-southeast of Matagorda TX or about 110
miles south-southwest of Galveston TX
- 27.9n 95.7w
- storm intensity 50 mph
- movement northwest or 310 degrees at 13 mph

Situation overview
------------------

Tropical Storm Bill is expected to move inland somewhere around the
Matagorda Bay area later this morning. Expect bands of showers and
thunderstorms to increase in coverage across southeast Texas and persist
through the day.

Thought we dodged a bullet with Bill . Emptied Wednesday evening. This is since . Wever been getting pop-up storms every evening

We have been on the dry side of all the showers. Got 2/10ths yesterday afternoon and last night. Rained pretty good south and west most of the afternoon but all we got was a light sprinkle. Friday it rained south of us just about all day and we got nothing. For now that's all right....probably even good.

GB....mowed the grass in the garden yesterday just before it started to sprinkle. :(

Yep, we are in our "afternoon thunder showers" routine here, with just some showers, usually around 1/4- 1/2" but it has been dreary and overcast even when it isn't raining. My iron ore drive is turning green from all the algae/fungus growing on it. Noticed some on the sides of my pickup too.

Latest posts