Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
I guess it is going to rain 40 days and nights here and drizzle till it dries up.
Knew better than to fill the spray tank on the tractor with 2-4-D.
Guess the Massey will have to sit for a few more days as we are getting pounded here.

You might be lucky to even find that Perkins in the tall grass and weeds once all this rain is done. I'm having trouble managing growth with all this rain and I know you have gotten quite a bit more than out this way. Got the rye and spear grass grass seed heads mowed off today just before the rain hit and when it came down it was all horizontal. Looked at a Tifton pasture this morning that was for lease and it was already wet. Can't imagine what it looks like now.

Rain has me so far behind, I literally am not sure what I am going to do. My yard is so tall it's going to seed. Not joking, I might just have to let it go a little while longer, and cut rake, and roll it to get it off.

Its killing me. Just when you think its drying up enough to get some things done it rains and keeps raining.

Jogeephus":2npqii4e said:
Its killing me. Just when you think its drying up enough to get some things done it rains and keeps raining.

Neighbor called a little while ago when getting in from work he was picking up 5lb catfish out of his pasture
and putting them back in the lake.
I ask him did he tell them to stay?
I said you do know we are in for about three more days of this.

Jogeephus":upksp3jl said:
Me too. Rained 5 of the last 6 days here and not just a little bit. It's a royal mess. Forecast says sun's coming out next Tuesday.

I can hardly wait to see the sun. 2.5 in. of rain at our farm here in Middle GA. No sun in forecast until Mon. afternoon or Tues. I did see a field being plowed south of us today. We have not had as much as some have had, but more than was needed. Peanuts need to be planted and it is too wet. Grass is beautiful,though. Cows are fat and contented. Mine can't decide if they like the rye grass field or the grass in the pasture better.

I got out early this morning and got my lawn mowed ahead of this mess, but it didn't start really raining here until around 6pm--radar looks pretty ugly right now too.
It was dry enough the last 2 weeks that I got my garden done, and everything was up and growing--probably be june before I can get back in it now.
And, there goes my plan of hauling 2 to the salebarn Saturday--it will be too muddy to get backed up to the pen.

We have been moving the rig since monday. Thats the same day it started raining here in Pittsburg/Coal Counties Oklahoma. As i was standing there in ankle deep water, soaked through even though i was wearing a slicker, and the rain was somehow going up my nose, all i could think of was Forrest Gump:

We been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stinging rain... and big od' fat rain. Rain that flew in sideways. And sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath. 

I dont know how much rain we got dumped on us but i do know how much water i was standing in.

About the only thing you can do around here right now is repair the driveway.
Makes me wonder how many tons of rock I have put to the top of this hill need four
16 ton trucks now. Still can go agitate the hogs if you can get through the skeeters in the bottom.

We ahven't had any measureable rain in six months and that in a high rainfall area! The desert has more grass than we have at the moment. The problem is it is getting cold already so very little chance to grow before the winter.

KNERSIE":1j20nm4e said:
We ahven't had any measureable rain in six months and that in a high rainfall area! The desert has more grass than we have at the moment. The problem is it is getting cold already so very little chance to grow before the winter.

That's not good news at all and the very reason I try never to complain about mud. Out loud anyway.

Rain? What is that? Have had 1/4" in the last 2 weeks. It splits and goes either north or south of us. Found some prickley pear in my pasture Saturday. Went and got a shovel to dig it out. Couldn't even get the shovel in the ground! I will take all you can end my way. Supposed to be storms this afternoon. I don't need the hail and wind but rain would be nice.

I was getting pricing for fertilizer and then the rain started. I started feeding hay again yesterday because I have no grass right now. On Tuesday, I was at 5.75" of rain over a 5 days period and we have another 2-4" expected through Saturday. :mad:

The Corn in my garden are small and they had snorkels now when I went to clean a ditch to get the water moving. The Tomato plants has swim shorts on.

232E4CED-556D-4CCF-AD87-311CE3701537_zpsjqkdaizv.jpg

MudHog":1vmy2bky said:
I was getting pricing for fertilizer and then the rain started. I started feeding hay again yesterday because I have no grass right now. On Tuesday, I was at 5.75" of rain over a 5 days period and we have another 2-4" expected through Saturday. :mad:

The Corn in my garden are small and they had snorkels now when I went to clean a ditch to get the water moving. The Tomato plants has swim shorts on.

232E4CED-556D-4CCF-AD87-311CE3701537_zpsjqkdaizv.jpg

Mine isn't quite that bad, but close to it. Bad thing is, we can't do much about it till it dies plumb up.

I picked up a full fertilizer buggy two Fridays ago. Got about 1/2 of it out and now it is sitting in the barn. I almost stuck a 4 wheeler in the field its so swampy right now.

Guy at the feed store told me they have 4 or 5 others out right now the same way. He was real nice. Said not to worry about it.

Brute 23":35penacx said:
I picked up a full fertilizer buggy two Fridays ago. Got about 1/2 of it out and now it is sitting in the barn. I almost stuck a 4 wheeler in the field its so swampy right now.

Guy at the feed store told me they have 4 or 5 others out right now the same way. He was real nice. Said not to worry about it.

I need to get the lime truck in first or I am throwing away fertilizer dollars.
That is not going to happen for a couple months.
Going to the barn today and watch for a deal.

Latest posts