Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

1982vett":2edmkaeg said:
All this daylight makes me tired....

Yea especially when you still can't get in the pasture.
Water running down the county road ditch is down to a small stream from a creek.
Going to go move some cows tomorrow for my sick running buddy.
That will take up a whole ten minutes with a sack of cubes.
Got to go see the DA tomorrow for the crack head that showed up here yesterday.

Was able to lay down about 20 acres of hay on a sandy loam hill yesterday. The rest will have to wait though. Still to wet but looks like a week with no rain here.

I was able to spray about 15 acres yesterday--it was tedious---that ground is still terribly soft, and I left some deep ruts in some places. I'm seeing aquatic type plants growing in places that they shouldn't be and never have grown before.

greybeard":13gpncwc said:
I was able to spray about 15 acres yesterday--it was tedious---that ground is still terribly soft, and I left some deep ruts in some places. I'm seeing aquatic type plants growing in places that they shouldn't be and never have grown before.

I have some stuff came up this year never seen before.
Got the Mule in FWD to the back pasture this morning.
Figure early next week I can get in and spray with the tractor rig.
I admit it I am scared to hook the sprayer up to the tractor until a
few minutes before, so I don't jinx it.

skyhightree1":1rd52n7a said:
http://w1.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KPTB.html
Well, you been wishing for rain, so........... "Toyota"--you asked for it--you got it".
Now just keep it up there for a few weeks.

greybeard":3dxu58up said:
skyhightree1":3dxu58up said:
Well, you been wishing for rain, so........... "Toyota"--you asked for it--you got it".

True... No complaints here :D I will see if I can I can keep it here a while. It says its supposed to stay here through Monday I think.

greybeard":3u22sxl2 said:
skyhightree1":3u22sxl2 said:

GB they have rain back in the forecast late next week.
We better spray in a hurry.

Caustic Burno":1v3fz84w said:
greybeard":1v3fz84w said:
skyhightree1":1v3fz84w said:

GB they have rain back in the forecast late next week.
We better spray in a hurry.
I'm almost done, but don't know how much good it will do since on about 10 acres every plant, grass, and weed has a thin film of dried mud/silt covering it. At least I'm done in the bottom--lawd the skeeters were bad.

Went riding around yesterday. Looked like everybody was in the hay field cutting grass. Suppose to have warm dry days til around next Thursday so they should get it rolled up. Also been having heavy dew every morning so dang near lunch before they can do anything.

Spray tank is loaded for after my break.
After watering the neighbors cows, got to fix that automatic water valve, fixin a small stretch of fence
and the water gap it was time for a break. Should have saved the water gap for this afternoon.
This weekend is booked with graduations and a lighter billfold.

was a lil bitty creek

ResizedImage_1433516113089_zps8c0fcc75.jpg

Caustic Burno":37eq2ao5 said:
Spray tank is loaded for after my break.
After watering the neighbors cows, got to fix that automatic water valve, fixin a small stretch of fence
and the water gap it was time for a break. Should have saved the water gap for this afternoon.
This weekend is booked with graduations and a lighter billfold.

I'd still be only 1/2 done if not for that big cluster nozzle. Man, that thing covers a heck of a swath, big droplets, and plenty of volume. Gotta be careful making a tight turn tho--you can come awful close to easily spray yourself and the whole tractor. :)

Just finished cutting down 11 acres of Kleingrass.

Sorry Seitel....got one of your boxes....of course it was unmarked. :?

We are at 10% Monday and Tuesday. 20 for Wednesday. 50 Thursday. Last time I cut on Friday I baled on Monday. it was supposed to raining Tuesday but didn't till Wednesday morning. Trying to do a repeat. I'm thinking by Thursday it might be nice to get a little rain. Ground is getting hard real fast.

1982vett":c2lkpmgw said:
We are at 10% Monday and Tuesday. 20 for Wednesday. 50 Thursday. Last time I cut on Friday I baled on Monday. it was supposed to raining Tuesday but didn't till Wednesday morning. Trying to do a repeat. I'm thinking by Thursday it might be nice to get a little rain. Ground is getting hard real fast.

I have two pastures still too wet for a tractor.
My hayfield still has standing water.

Latest posts