Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

Just heard on the news NOAA reported that 13 trillion gallons of water have fell on Texas this month.
That is enough to cover the entire state with 8 inches of water.

Caustic Burno":w18vfjso said:
KNERSIE":w18vfjso said:
Still not a drop.....

Been there done that and have several T-shirts.
I choose mud.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

After that last drought we had, a few years ago, I vowed to not complain about mud again!

Those were some rough times.

KNERSIE -------------- I hope you get some rain soon.

How much water is heading south for the coastal areas?
some pictures from Tex and Oklahoma may 2015.
Okla/Tex Lake Texoma Dam:
web1_aerial-2628_3.jpg

Okla--Lake Eufaula Dam:
size0.jpg

Texas-Lake Livingston Dam viewed from the bridge below the dam yesterday:
full-96377-61820-livingston_dam_72600cfs_05.jpg

Dam B (Town Bluff Dam on BA Steinhagen Lake Neches River Tx)--normal level:
Dam320.jpg

Same dam, this week:
628x471.jpg

Toledo Bend on the Sabine River-9 of 11 gates open--full pool is 172.2'--current pool level is 172.8':
628x471.jpg

Sam Rayburn Lake:
Currently stands at 172.8', which is 8' above full pool level. Voluntary evacuation below dam was issued today (May 29) at 5pm.
Release of water downstream into Steinhagen will begin tomorrow when level reaches 173.06'.
It be full:
628x471.jpg

Lake Lewisville near Dallas on the Trinity River began an uncontrolled release over it's spillway on May 24.
556798e242848.image.jpg

Lake Conroe Dam is releasing water into the West Fork San Jacinto River, which feeds Lake Houston.
5566788115aed.image.jpg

Lake Houston has minimal release control, full pool/flood pool is 41.7' and current level is 44.2' so water is going over the spillway and thru the gates.
lake houston

GB Hwy 190 across Dam B the water was almost to the road today.
When they open Rayburn I look for it to be under.
Neighbors son works for SHECO they have already killed power to several areas along the river as
water is flooding homes.

I've never seen Lake Livingston this full, but probably has been before.
5568861ff2e95.image.jpg

Trinity R. in Dallas:
26FLOODS-master675.jpg

Trinity River under US 90 railway at Liberty:
Trinity03.5.26.2015.jpg

Normal level same location:
8029592543_ce8264efdd.jpg

GB~ That pic of Texoma shows what's going over the spillway (only fourth time in history). The dam is upper left and dumps directly into the Red. Gates are open on it and it's a big release.

Too many Libs in Texas affected, JD. He be skeered for his nuts not to authorized it. :lol:

Meanwhile, we've come a long way with our local lake.

Sadly it want be long lake levels and water tables will be dropping like crazy. We have no with a water plan in this state. We have farmers and ranchers growing crops and grass in areas that consume to much water for their environment . Worse we have people in towns and countryside trying to grow saint Augustine and zoysia grass in areas that are suited for buffaloe and Bermuda !

houstoncutter":x0i9jqi5 said:
Sadly it want be long lake levels and water tables will be dropping like crazy. We have no with a water plan in this state. We have farmers and ranchers growing crops and grass in areas that consume to much water for their environment . Worse we have people in towns and countryside trying to grow saint Augustine and zoysia grass in areas that are suited for buffaloe and Bermuda !

That was the main reason the opponent to District 36 Representative lost.
He lived in where the district dips down close to Houston and was wanting our water.
Not opposed to sharing but we were fixin to take it up the backside.
Same problem in Central Texas, San Antonio and Austin have out grown the water supply in lean times.
Houston area, San Antonio and Austin need to build a big desalination plant or several.

GB do you have a snorkel? By the looks of radar right now you need it.
Looks like it has crosshair on us as it is black as night between lighting strikes.
We got a little over an inch earlier today.

Been raining and lightening, but not too bad yet. Of course, about the time it started, I noticed a heifer looks like she's ready to drop a calf any minute. Might be a long wet night.

Wish you could send some of that rain to us in Middle GA. We are very dry. Had 0.6 here and 0.2 seven miles away at the farm. Crops are needing it as well as pastures. Very hot today. Maybe we will have a thunderstorm tonight that will bring some.
Hope all goes well with your heifer.

Latest posts