Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

VZCR

Reaction score
Here it comes again........ :heart:

We get rain every day it seems.....Last 2 years were drought, now over abundance. Someone asked me the other day what was the cause of all this rain? Was it abnormal cold fronts, a change in the weather patterns or what? I replied that we were so many praying for rain last year, the power of prayer brought the rain to us. You won't hear me complain about too much rain.

VZCR":10u9y665 said:
Here it comes again........
http://www.tex-sys.net/html/radar.html

We get rain every day it seems.....Last 2 years were drought, now over abundance. Someone asked me the other day what was the cause of all this rain? Was it abnormal cold fronts, a change in the weather patterns or what? I replied that we were so many praying for rain last year, the power of prayer brought the rain to us. You won't hear me complain about too much rain.

We had a 5 year drought here starting in 99. We did make hay every year but dry every summer and fall. Our normal rain fall is about 40" per year In 04 we got 62" and about 20" of that fell in May. Got more rolls of hay per acre than ever before. The hay looked good but was very poor quality. Everyone had hay that cows wouldn't touch. By Feb. of 05 when that hay was being fed some folks had cows dropping like dead flies. The hay had been washed out by all the rain. Folks that didn't pay attention to the cattle lost some nice cows. They starved to death with a full belly. So when you do get around to haying ,you may want to test it.

farmerjohn":2q5b8uzt said:
What a stupid way to advertise your business. :mad:

No advertisement intended, sorry if you took it that way, in fact, the hayfields are so saturated, I can't get in there for anything. I have to walk out there and bog around to look at the grass. So I have nothing there to advertise. I did try to put the pic in the post but i couldn't, so I posted the pic to my web site, because it was easy and convienent to do so. I guess I can try to delete the post if you feel I was "advertising"....... :roll:

rmcva":g4oljke6 said:
VZCR":g4oljke6 said:
Here it comes again........
http://www.tex-sys.net/html/radar.html

We had a 5 year drought here starting in 99. We did make hay every year but dry every summer and fall. Our normal rain fall is about 40" per year In 04 we got 62" and about 20" of that fell in May. Got more rolls of hay per acre than ever before. The hay looked good but was very poor quality. Everyone had hay that cows wouldn't touch. By Feb. of 05 when that hay was being fed some folks had cows dropping like dead flies. The hay had been washed out by all the rain. Folks that didn't pay attention to the cattle lost some nice cows. They starved to death with a full belly. So when you do get around to haying ,you may want to test it.
Real good advice. I guess the nutrients get blanched out into the subsoil with so much rain........

Latest posts