Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

We hadn't had any rain in 45 or 60 days. For us no tropical storms in July, Aug, Sept means you will burn up no matter how wet it was leading up. I was about to call and get molasses delivered to help them eat up the dry grass. 2 nights ago and in to the morning we had any where from 1.5-5" in the area. It looks like a different world today already with all the green. It was a life saver with things cooling off a little.

Pr
We hadn't had any rain in 45 or 60 days. For us no tropical storms in July, Aug, Sept means you will burn up no matter how wet it was leading up. I was about to call and get molasses delivered to help them eat up the dry grass. 2 nights ago and in to the morning we had any where from 1.5-5" in the area. It looks like a different world today already with all the green. It was a life saver with things cooling off a little.
Pretty much same here. We missed the big rains. The county got quite a bit but very spread out as to amounts. Hopefully next rounds hit us good!
Least the dust is down for now

What is this "rain" you speak of? We average 10 inches per year here and we are abnormally dry. I don't know what our total is so far for the year but we are way behind.
Sounds like you don't need that webbing between your toes anymore….😂

We were getting a little dry, but not hurting, and then I got 2-1/2" Tuesday night, and it started raining sometime last night and hasn't stopped yet.

We are still waiting for rain. Now it looks like next week we might get some rain...and then SnOw.
Yikes.

@gcreekrch brrrrrr
We were 36F the other morning. But, we have been getting plenty of rain all this summer - a bit much!!
We have had light mist/showers for couple of days. I noticed outside smelled like a fishy swamp. I've never smelled that around here before. Went to town, and the same smell. Talked to another cattle breeder an hour away and he said his place smelled like that too. Never before. Can the clouds pick up some sort of smell & the rain brings it down to the ground???
I'm stretching the imagination here. LOL - just really strange.