Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

We've only cut about 50% of the hay for the first cutting. Grass is old and stopped growing weeks ago, for so much rain this spring and summer hay quality and quantity will be down this year.

As long as " a few dry days" doesn't turn into months….

Missed yesterday's rain, it broke up and fizzled out as it came across Waco. Again this morning, it is breaking up as it approaches and moving off eastward. Next up is a line building west of Killeen. Will see if the "umbrella" is still in place this afternoon.

Haven't seen any worms. Grasshoppers have been scarce too. Mosquito…not as bad as they were. Not much stagnation water lately.

I'm hearing people are getting army worms on hay fields that were cut and coming back. It has a lot of people on edge with all the hay sitting waiting to be bailed. I lost a regular pasture a few years ago to army worms. We lost a Tifton patch to grasshoppers also a few years back.

I'm hearing people are getting army worms on hay fields that were cut and coming back. It has a lot of people on edge with all the hay sitting waiting to be bailed. I lost a regular pasture a few years ago to army worms. We lost a Tifton patch to grasshoppers also a few years back.
Mine was cut and coming back.
I have it set up to be sprayed as soon as it's dry enough. It's still raining.
I hope it drowns them. Lol

Pulled into browns in Lampasas today to pick up a couple pallets of stay tuff barbwire....I says Burke, I'm about ready for it to quit raining..... without looking up he says....it will....

Pulled into browns in Lampasas today to pick up a couple pallets of stay tuff barbwire....I says Burke, I'm about ready for it to quit raining..... without looking up he says....it will....
Did you get that haygrazer baled or is it still laying on the ground? Back in the 90s I had 10 acres that was on the ground 4 weeks before I got it baled. Not much left to it. Gave it to an uncle for hog bedding.

I got it baled, if you want it you can have it.......... lol 😂
Gully Plugs.....The Spring of 2011 I put some 30 rolls of stuff the cows wouldn't eat in washouts and gully's for erosion. By August the cows had them eaten up.

Looks like we are going to get by today with just 1/10th of an inch.

I think its the start of the next dry spell....seems I'm usually the last to get rain and the first to dry out.

Latest posts