Rain, Rain, Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

cypressfarms

Reaction score
O.k.,

There's two distinct bands of rain pelting us pretty hard now. Hope we get at least an inch out of it.

Looks like it came through east Texas. Did all of our friends having drought problems get rain??? Just hoping for y'all!

I saw it on the radar but it was far to the east of my place. Glad to hear is raining there. :)

Notta drop here at our place, think the line started dumpin a lil to the east of us.
icon_cowboy.gif

The sun's already out; we got 6 tenth's of an inch. Should be enough to water in the fertilizer that I put down last week. With that rain, I should be able to graze the ryegrass by 1st week of Feb. My cows sure do need it!

I was hoping for you guys over in east texas. I hate to see people get rid of cattle because of drought...

Those storms caused a little hail before it began to rain. Then it rained and rained and rained here in Greenville, TX for about 6 minutes!!! Lightning started 2 house fires around town. It was nice to settle the dust in the yard where there used to be grass.

I would be willing to trade some rain for dry weather. Today was the 25th straight day of rain. I would be will to trade two rainy day for one sunny day if you would deliver up here.
Dave

we had about 5 inches with the hail storm the other day and then 4/10 today with the tornados. grass is greening up here but whats the point? its just going to get killed when we get winter weather in march. february and march are the coldest months here, if it snows it will do it in march.

It's starting to feel like West Texas here on the Arklatex line! Ten minutes of violent wind, lighting, and hail. Less than a quarter inch of rain!

Beefy":3nzahvng said:
we had about 5 inches with the hail storm the other day and then 4/10 today with the tornados. grass is greening up here but whats the point? its just going to get killed when we get winter weather in march. february and march are the coldest months here, if it snows it will do it in march.
We got about 2 in. of Snow last night.And over an inch of rain yesterday. Wish you folks in the drought area could get some relief.

I wish I could share some of our rain with you guys west of us. We got 1.25" on Friday in a couple of hour period around mid day.

4.5 inches here in Benton. Took long enough! If we can just get some follow up rains in the next few weeks we might be in good shape by spring.

Latest posts