Quit Smoking

Help Support CattleToday:

I quit 5 yrs ago with the help of hypnosis, after smoking for 50+ yrs and doing 3 pack a day when I quit, occasionally I will still reach for a pack in my left shirt pocket, do not miss them at all, and at today's prices they really would add up fast.

Good luck and keep up the GREAT work on your goal of quitting.

Congratulations KT! :clap:

You're going to be healthier... :nod:

You're going to be able to taste your food better...

You're going to smell better.... (I mean be able to SMELL things better...hehe) ;-)

oh ... and .... you're going to smell better!! :lol:

Best wishes for a permanent success!

LazyARanch":egdqexot said:

You're going to smell better.... (I mean be able to SMELL things better...hehe) ;-)

Your kinda stretching it there on him smelling better
I have been in the truck with him and the cigarette smoke helped to mask the other smells he was emitting
This means your gonna have to shower more often KT
goodluck
I admire anyone who has the strength and the will power to quit a habit
wish I had the ability to throw this cope away been a can a day for almost 30 yrs
somedays it is more than a can a day

I quit chewing last November after almost 12 years. Don't even know why really, just woke up and decided it was time. Nice to have extra money now and I don't get heart burn anymore. Congrats on quitting and stick with it!

kenny thomas":1mlviahh said:
Cal, what office are you running for this fall? :lol2: If a president can get by with it surely you can.

No Office Kenny,I just thought it sounded kinda Cool. :lol: :lol:

Cal

'They' say it take 21 days to break a habit??? It seemed to work with me, been a year now.
Good luck!

one of the things that helped me decide to quit was my grand kids saying I stunk, even after just taking a shower. Either i don't stink anymore ORRRR my grand kids have learned not to be so open lol,,,, I prefer to think the former

Congrat's...keep it up. My husband quit cold turkey when our youngest was 2. He had quit many times before but this time he saw our then 2 yr old pick up a butt and stick it in his mouth like dad. That image is what keeps him going for the days when he feels like smoking again.

LazyARanch":knizn2hf said:

I quit years ago.
I quit because of health concerns. I don't know if I am healthier or not. Don't know how healthy I woud be if I hadn't quit.

Maybe there is more taste to food, but that had never been of any concern to me one way or the other. My eating habits did change. I ate everything I could get my hands on and gained a lot of weight.

I could definently smell better after I quit. I learned that most of what you smell is really not very plesant anyway.

As far as how I smelled to others before I quit--If they liked the way I smelled, fine. If they didn't, that was their problem.

I guess I'm glad I quit before they got so expensive. Otherwise I would have had to take up a life of crime to support the habit. That would have made me more nervous and I would have smoked more to calm my nerves.
All this social engineering by raising the price to make people quit really bugs me. I am a great believer that each individual should have the freedom to make their own decisions. I do not like the government making peoples decisions for them. Freedom is a very valuable thing.

All this social engineering by raising the price to make people quit really bugs me. I am a great believer that each individual should have the freedom to make their own decisions. I do not like the government making peoples decisions for them. Freedom is a very valuable thing.

One thing that bugs me is the smoking in public laws. I get the idea everywhere but the bars. I live south of the Iowa line 'bout five miles. A couple of years ago they passed the law statewide that you can't smoke anywhere including bars. Business was knocked down 70% at some establishments. Now it is city a city law in a town near me in Mo. They say it's to protect the workers. GIVE ME A BREAK. Most of the bartenders smoke! I quit months ago and it still hacks me off! Some states are trying to make people quit smoking cigaretts and some are trying to legalise pot. Is there something wrong with this picture or am I missing something?

Today has been a bad one. Lots of agrivation, had one worker that I told to move hay and he just dissapeared. He evidently wanted to rake hay instead and had quit. I pay them they will do what I say or I don't care if they quit. Didn't need him anyway.
Then pulled a dumb stunt. New tractor had lift arms set straight back and when I made a sharp turn with the roller the lift arms hit PTO shaft and broke it. Went to dealer and they gave me one to use until they get it fixed. An hour lost in the process. Got it all rolled though and will put it in the barn tomorrow, that is if it doesn't rain.

kenny thomas":70wscv0k said:
Today has been a bad one. Lots of agrivation, had one worker that I told to move hay and he just dissapeared. He evidently wanted to rake hay instead and had quit. I pay them they will do what I say or I don't care if they quit. Didn't need him anyway.
Then pulled a dumb stunt. New tractor had lift arms set straight back and when I made a sharp turn with the roller the lift arms hit PTO shaft and broke it. Went to dealer and they gave me one to use until they get it fixed. An hour lost in the process. Got it all rolled though and will put it in the barn tomorrow, that is if it doesn't rain.
and did you cope without a fag...ciggy...if yes well done if not get back up on that wagon and try again...proud of you 11 days and counting soon you wont be it will be a natural thing not to turn to the coffin/coughing drops...I have never smoked but I have been told what it is like to stop. Hard hard hard.