Quit Smoking

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
Several months ago I posted I was trying to quit smoking. Well I was going to bring up the old post but it had been so long I quit looking. Was smoking 2-3 packs a day.
With the help of someone very special, pills, and the patch, I have not smoked in 5 days. Think I have it whipped.
Tried several times before but without the help from this very special friend.
Did not work until now but with her help it has been easy.
I know you will read this and you have been the difference. Thank you so much.

Anyone wanting to quit, having someone to support you might make the difference. PM me if I can help.
I will be a tough old bird now. 80 hours a week will be like nothing. HAHA

Congratulations

I tried everything to help me quit- they all failed
I had given up trying to quit
A friend bought me an e-cig
I haven't smoked in 4 months and don't even want one
I may or may not quit the e-cig-but If I don't it will be alright

Never try and quit two things at once :)

I was given the V2 e-cig
Its like the cadalac of e-cigs

I have gotten several others to try it and they have all quit using it.
It has a better vapor than other brands.

I am lowering the Nicotine- and getting into harder flavors to give me the feel of smoking something.

I used to smoke a pack a day.. not much by many people's standards, but I started hand rolling my own primarily to save money... went from $300/ month to $80... and this year I'm growing my own tobacco, in a few months it should be ready, so then all it will cost me is the ZigZags...

I bought a book on tobacco growing and it has a whole section of the book dedicated to all the nasty stuff that's in commercial cigs... Let me just tell you that a lot of it isn't tobacco, and thus isn't regulated, which means that you can find DDT and a huge list of other banned pesticides in american cigarettes... What's really ironic is that most american grown tobacco is (relatively) low in pesticides, and because of that is exported to Europe, where they have stricter standards, while the 'stuff' in american cigarettes of mostly from china, india, and other 3rd world countries

Good luck to all those trying to quit though!

I smoked a pack a day for 12 years. Tried to quit several times. 10 months ago my wife told me she was pregenant. Two days later I smoked my last marlboro. Smoking had become a pain in the rear and I wanted my house to be a healthy environment for my wife and child. All I needed was motivation, and Copenhagan. :D

I tried rolling my own- I stuck with it at least a year.
I never could get a consistent "pack" and it drove me nuts. One would be just right, the next too loose(HOT) the next too tight(wouldn't draft).
And I was sloppy I had tobacco ALL over the place.
I eventually gave up and started buying packs again- when I got some good coupons. Funny how they know when you are slowing down on their brand :)

Congrats, Kenny! I know it's tough. I smoked for 32 years and even after a heart attack it only cut me back from three packs to two. Tried to quit several different times but it wasn't until my 4' 11" wife told me I was going to did I do so. It's been almost 10 years and I still get the occasional urge. I just picture her sitting in the living room floor crying her eyes out and the urge goes away. I sure hope that always works.

Howdyjabo":c0y9o332 said:
I tried rolling my own- I stuck with it at least a year.
I never could get a consistent "pack" and it drove me nuts. One would be just right, the next too loose(HOT) the next too tight(wouldn't draft).
And I was sloppy I had tobacco ALL over the place.
I eventually gave up and started buying packs again- when I got some good coupons. Funny how they know when you are slowing down on their brand :)

Have you heard of the places where you go and pay about $20 for tobacco and papers and a semi-pro machine rolls you 200 cigarettes? Big cities mostly. My lady friend smokes amateur cigarettes. They are the foulest things in the market. I think I could quit if that was the only choice.

Congratulations Kenny!!! :clap: :clap:
I know how hard it is, I've been trying for about 5 years now. I only smoke outside (except for my car) and I only smoke about 1/2 pack / day now. Can't seem to get past that last little bit. It's all psychological for me. I can get past the nicotine with patch or gum or just staying real busy. But stress sends me outside so fast it'll make your head spin. But I get a little closer to success every year. Good luck with every new day!!!

I quit a 3 pack a day habit overnight. I got mad about it one day and just decided enough was enough. I told myself that morning I wouldn't smoke one for the next five minutes. Once I made it that 5 minutes, I told myself I could do 5 more before I smoke one and so on. That was 8 years ago. All of those 5 minutes really added up.

I quickly found out the things that I associated with smoking and quit those too. Beer and coffee had to go. I made myself do something mentally challenging right after I ate. I found all kinds of tricks to get my mind off of it. It was only real bad for the first month, I still wanted one a year later and, soon that went away to only a craving every now and then.

LRTX1":j4p9wzbj said:
I quit a 3 pack a day habit overnight. I got mad about it one day and just decided enough was enough. I told myself that morning I wouldn't smoke one for the next five minutes. Once I made it that 5 minutes, I told myself I could do 5 more before I smoke one and so on. That was 8 years ago. All of those 5 minutes really added up.

I quickly found out the things that I associated with smoking and quit those too. Beer and coffee had to go. I made myself do something mentally challenging right after I ate. I found all kinds of tricks to get my mind off of it. It was only real bad for the first month, I still wanted one a year later and, soon that went away to only a craving every now and then.
If I have to give up coffee that will be a problem. Will need a lot of help with that. :help: :cry2:

If I have to give up coffee that will be a problem. Will need a lot of help with that.

I tried to give up coffee the first day. It was a train wreck! The next day I started puttin creamer in it to change things up a little. Usually I drink it black. After about a month I was able to change back to the same old morning routine.

Latest posts