Quit Smoking

Help Support CattleToday:

NEFarmwife

Reaction score
Got really sick last week. Was in bed for 3 -4 days. Realized I hadn't smoked and the worst part of withdrawal should be over (and I slept right thru it!) so I haven't picked up another cigarette since.

Still having cravings. Thankful for Dots Pretzels.

I hope it works out for you! Quitting nicotine is not an easy thing to do

NEFarmwife said:
If I make it a year, I am rewarding myself with a bucket list item.

Good for you best decision of your life.
I quit 45 years ago the Mrs after a heart attack two years ago.
It is amazing to see the transformation in her.

I quit 24 years ago, same way got so sick I couldn't smoke and figured it was the best chance I would have. Quiting is hard prior to the last time I quit on a regular basis. Now I hate the smell of the darn things, and am thankful for that! Good luck it is the best thing you can do for yourself and your family!

Gizmom

Good for you... stay after it.

A guy I have worked with for a good while now quit a year or so ago. We were in a bar out in WTX last time out and he was talking about how bad his clothes smelt the next day. He said... and I use to smell like that every day. :lol2:

My dad got hooked in WW2, probably on freebees from the tobacco company laced with extra nicotine, as he smoked 50+ years until it led to his demise. From about 45 on his wind was short and he mostly stood back and watched me work. It is one of the nastiest, health destroying habits one can have.

Congrats! I know how hard of a habit it is to break, mostly b/c it becomes part of your daily routine in so many ways. Hope you can keep it up.

I told my husband last night, not to talk to me because HE was a trigger. Totally joking. But I think I've handled this all pretty well so far.

I've been wanting to quit, just didn't have the nerve to do so. My moms side has a string of health issues. Most are related back to smoking.

Good for you!! Fortunately, I have never had the desire to smoke cigarettes but understand the power of nicotine addiction (dipping for 40 years). Praying that you keep it up!!

I quit 16 months ago while confined to the hospital. Really haven't missed them and you're right. People that smoke stink like he//.

Don't go back!
Took me 20 years or more not to want one sfter dinner or with a beer...but eventually you won't want it.

Was harder for me to quit chewing than smoking

Took me eight tries and ten years to quit smoking and another two to quit the snuff.

I use the Oregon Mint pouches now.

I quit dipping every night before bed. I did quit last year for 5 days my eye twitched so bad couldn't take it anymore. I know tobacco is bad but it pays my bills. So nothing negative to say about it.

I quit about 40 years ago.
If people could see the reaction on people's faces as they walk past them in a store, they would be embarrassed as heck.
They STINK.
When I smoked, you could smoke EVERYWHERE, even in the hospital. EVERYONE stunk, so no one noticed. LOL

Latest posts