Questions on Brangus bulls.

Help Support CattleToday:

TNMasterBeefProducer":3bkxw1n1 said:
ANGUS IS HOW brangus and beef masters got black. Its the same way charolais, salers, gelbvieh, simmental, also got black. There is angus waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the wood pile sumwhars.
i dont think there was a angus in the woodpile it was intentional for the brangus breed.. hence the name . if you want a consistant calf crop.. color and uniformity go with brangus keeping your cross's to a minimum

Brangus do very well in our climate. They raise some nice calves in the dead heat of summer.

ALACOWMAN":1rub9qkz said:
TNMasterBeefProducer":1rub9qkz said:
ANGUS IS HOW brangus and beef masters got black. Its the same way charolais, salers, gelbvieh, simmental, also got black. There is angus waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the wood pile sumwhars.
i dont think there was a angus in the woodpile it was intentional for the brangus breed.. hence the name . if you want a consistant calf crop.. color and uniformity go with brangus keeping your cross's to a minimum
That's right! The Brangus breed was developed to combine the desired traits of the Brahman and the Angus. Brangus breeders make no apologies for Angus in the make up of the breed. Beefmasters were developed using Brahman, Hereford, and Shorthorn. Brangus and Beefmasters are NOT black for the same reasons, TN. Study your breeds!

TNMasterBeefProducer":2f1rp1dr said:

Another lesson from the Master.... :lol:

Brangus 5/8 Angus 3/8 Brahma

Purposely bred for people like us and backhoeboogy down here.

I have bred a few brangus cows in my day. I have plenty of experience. i have sires that will stack up with the best but if you are looking for something particular out of a sire, I can give you some reccomendations. feel free to call me and I can help you any way I can\
Jon bevans
http://www.plbcattle.com
501-804-5006

Latest posts