Question

Help Support CattleToday:

TripleB

Reaction score
Has anyone had a cow get bred and then come back into heat?
Do they tend to show signs of heat just once or will they continue to "cycle" up to a certain point in their pregnancy?

TripleB":mf8xe68r said:
Has anyone had a cow get bred and then come back into heat?
Do they tend to show signs of heat just once or will they continue to "cycle" up to a certain point in their pregnancy?

Yes, they can be bred and still have appear to be cycling...but your cow made not have taken to her breeding either....are you certain she is bred? A bull doesn't always get the job done in one jump. She may still be open!

Well, it's a 50/50 chance that she got bred. I'm leaning more on her being open but she is supposed to come in tomorrow if she is not bred.

How long was she exposed to a bull and how long ago was it?

she was exposed for about sixty days. Then has come into heat quite regular give or take a day or two then the last time she was in was extremly short.

I have been told that 10%of cattle have false heats. I went through a period where I think I had a much higher percentage than that. It usually happens in late preg. I had one heifer a few years ago that I bred A.I. twice,then Had a freind breed her for me.She calved to my first service=don't know why we couldn't tell the second and third service,she felt normal. I noticed that the bull I had out with the cows didn't pay them much attention,but the cows were riding like something was going on. Had one cow slip a calf,about 7-8 months along,while she was having a false heat.Think another cow knocked it out of her,not sure.Fetus looked normal,just too early.

Latest posts