Hereford breeding question, regular to miniature.

Help Support CattleToday:

1st time cattle owner with no mentor. Therefore I don't want to be mislead. I've become fascinated with the original Herefordshire England gentics.
I have 2 registered Hereford heifers. I would like to get gentics from England for A.I. I'm not sure how to go about that. That's one issue I'm having, I do have a local veterinarian that does A.I. I need to make an appointment to discuss what all is needed for A.I.
This evening I had someone mention about A.I with miniature Hereford bull semen. Regular sized Hereford, miniature Hereford.
What's the ramifications of those gentics mixing?
Will I get a miniature or a thick shorter English bulldog looking calf?
Sorry for all the questions, I don't have anyone to learn from.
Thank you
Alyce
Maybe things have changed, but I had an uncle in the 1950"s that raised miniature herfords. He kept 5 herd bulls on a 250 minature cow operation.
He showed herfords all over the country and won many pruple ribbons. My grandfather made a lot more money on non-miniature herfords and the lands he bought and his life style reflected the income.
My dad had herfords and bought English bulls in Oregon back in the 60;s-70's. Great genetics and these genetics definately afforded him a very nice living.
My brother and I, as well as several cousins all have gone to angus genetics. Better? Maybe and maybe not. Name branding is unparalled.
Look at registering you ranch as organic. All natural organic beef is coming and from ranch to table. $$$$$
Gary