Question

Help Support CattleToday:

Talltinter

Reaction score
Spent the day yesterday clearing the way for my driveway and met up with the rancher who runs his cows on the property. He is a great guy, in his 70's, always lived here. All he has is Beef Masters, 30 in all. He said he found this breed to be the easiest for him to work with and make great mothers.

This is an older group. He said the bull is 13. He is going to have it tested to make sure the swimmers are swimming the right direction. My guess is they are because the girls that are not mommas are swelling nicely. The ladies are between 8 to 10 years old.

What do you guys think?

If I was wanting to buy them , while the vet was out I would have him check the teath , palpate them, and give them a once over.

denoginnizer":3hqqyttm said:
If I was wanting to buy them , while the vet was out checking the bull, I would have him check the teath , palpate them, and give them a once over.

the beefmaster is a good breed.they will raise their calves.an do good on whats in the pasture.they milk real well.

Beefy":bejl09u4 said:
Beefmasters are ok.

I 2nd that. In the deep south they can take the heat and forage enough to keep themselves in good shape. They are docile, and milk good, and if you ever look at the across the board EPD's beefmasters are pretty high yielding in WW and YW. I like a beefmaster angus cross.

cypressfarms":13gll4eq said:
Beefy":13gll4eq said:
Beefmasters are ok.

I 2nd that. In the deep south they can take the heat and forage enough to keep themselves in good shape. They are docile, and milk good, and if you ever look at the across the board EPD's beefmasters are pretty high yielding in WW and YW. I like a beefmaster angus cross.

Far out! me too.