question about questions

Help Support CattleToday:

What are those big round things in your pasture and what do you use them for? (Round bales) Seriously, was asked this by a Houstonian up for a visit.

During our on farm tours we get asked "do the cows always smell that bad".
I bring one of the real dostile Herfs in and let the kids actually touch and smell a cow...love to see their eyes when they find out that the cow doesn't smell, the manure does.

We wet their hands and them in some dried molasses and let the calves lick it off....no cows don't bite either.

9 ER":2720b80i said:
hey running arrow bill, ease up on us teachers. We do the best we can. Just like you are judged by the grade of your cows, we are judged by the grade on them tests! Kids get their education in many ways. I bet those rural kids did not learn the difference between cattle in school. They grew up around it. Just like the kids I teach know how to survive under some adverse situations because their dad is in jail or their mom is on drugs.Rural common sence and city common sence are two completly different things!!
I have kids that live 10 miles from downtown Houston that have never been to downtown Houston much less the country. Do you think that all kids are middle class with 2 parents and they live in a 3 bedroom house with computers and internet. Not where I teach. So before you start bashing someones profession, understand that to some people, having milk to drink and meat to eat is more important than where it comes from!!!

Hope that with a name "Running Arrow" that you are of Indian decent, cause if not you are offending me since I'm Osage!

I guess you are offending me then. Are you insinuating Indians were the only people smart enough to figure out how to make a bow and arrow.

I used to tell people i'd been bit by a cow. Then i got bit by a cow, i did have my hand in her mouth so i guess that probably helped it happen. Now i tell people the top teeth are the sharp ones.

Latest posts