Pulling gooseneck with 05 F150

Help Support CattleToday:

agcntry

Reaction score
Just a got a new to me 2005 F150 4x4. It has the new style deeper bed than I'm used to. My question is has anybody pulled a gooseneck stock trailer with one of these? I've checked and can get a B&W hitch put in it. I'm very careful, and have lots of experience pulling a trailer. I've got a 6x16 Bartop WW and it just pulls so much better than a bumper trailer. Wondering about clearance with the deep bed sides.
Thanks

You will have to adjust the neck of your trailer. We were looking at one today at the sale barn, that had went over a terace row and dented the crap out of the top of his tail gate. He was sick. We were looking at adjusting the neck of his trailer, and it looks to me like his trailer wouldn't be level, It looked like the front tires would barely be on the ground. His trailer had torflex axels.

ga. prime":4t4o8k2b said:
Take your tailgate off the truck and put it under the shelter. That way, it won't get bent.

That will solve hitting the tailgate, what about when it hits the top of the bed while turning? ;-)

I have an F 450 with a utility bod that I pull a gooseneck flatbed with quite often and what we ended up having to do is put 3" spacer blocks in between the frame and the front axtle on the trailer as it has the torsion flex tri axle set up. Be careful because we had MAJOR highway stability problem when we were empty and no weight was on the front axle. I didn't think it would be a problem but, it was. We have a flat bed truck we used to pull everything with but, it has since died on us and deserves a proper burial after all of the abuse we have give it. So it will sleep like a rock, being all it can be.

I don't have any problems with mine. I have the same truck and pull a 6x16 gooseneck.

If you have an older trailer without an adustable neck, you can also get a hi-rise ball for the B & W that'll raise it an inch or so.

hirise.jpg

Thanks for all the replies. I do have a new enough trailer that it has an adjustable neck and has the torsion flex axles. I'm going to check into the high rise ball from B&W.

Is there any good way to raise the trailer at the axles?

Latest posts