Proud to be an American

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS, I'm done with this thread - it is getting too circular and non-productive, but I didn't want to be rude and not say thanks for providing the link above. I was thinking of some similar stats on wealth ownership. Thanks. :tiphat:

T&S Ranch, not sure the relevance to the topic, but no I have not served in the military.

Some of the others,

No I do not have anything against money or profit, however exploitation of workers and obscene wealth and power do offend me. Whining about the least among us getting a hand while praising the greedy doesn't seem very um, Christian but what do I know? (didn't he say something about treating the least among you as you would treat him?)

One word of caution: when you are griping about the welfare queens and lazy immigrants. You are only seeing the bad apples. Think about it- Stereotypes. Of course you aren't seeing all the hardworking, modest, good ones. They don't stand out to be targets. Just like every country person isn't a red-necked hick throwing beer bottles out the window of his pickup. But a lot of people see that kind of clown and think we are all like that.

Hippie Rancher":uckhxp4g said:
One word of caution: when you are griping about the welfare queens and lazy immigrants. You are only seeing the bad apples. Think about it- Stereotypes. Of course you aren't seeing all the hardworking, modest, good ones. They don't stand out to be targets. Just like every country person isn't a red-necked hick throwing beer bottles out the window of his pickup. But a lot of people see that kind of clown and think we are all like that.

Right, I think most disagree with the premise and use of welfare and similar social programs more than they have a direct quivel about the abusers - at least I do.

sanchez":31w6bioe said:
Hippie Rancher":31w6bioe said:

Right, I think most disagree with the premise and use of welfare and similar social programs more than they have a direct quivel about the abusers - at least I do.

I have nothing against Social and Welfare it is the people that abuse the system the Bludgers, who have no intention of making it for themselves, and take from the people who really need it. To me it is like taking sweets from a child, it's not on.

Hippie Rancher":3v8msm8o said:
T&S Ranch, not sure the relevance to the topic, but no I have not served in the military.

Thats a big suprise.:roll:

You speak about stereotypes but obviously you haven't lived in the south. Come live in our neck of the woods and you'll see not stereotypes but the norm.

Latest posts