Prolapse picture

Help Support CattleToday:

not me i hope!

what kind of prolapse you lookin for there, den?

someone posted a vaginal prolapse on here a while back.

Nevermind, the one i was talking about was a picture of CowCops taht Fellersbarnone had posted for him and it doesnt work anymore.

I talked about a vaginal prolapse a little while back. Penned the cow and locked her down in the chute to try and stuff it back in. It had swollen so bad I had to find a home remedy to try and shrink it first. Some old timers told me to douse it with sugar. The mass started shrinking and dripping like hot ice, but I still couldn't get it back in. Vet gave her a shot in the tailhead and she went limp. He stuffed her back in a matter of seconds and sewed her with what looked like a shoestring to me. Ran me $120 (2 shots and procedure and suture) but it was well worth considering I have a sellable cow and time to wean a sellable calf. Biggest advice I got was SHIP THE COW AND DONT KEEP ANY CALVES FROM HER.

Beefy":13n771xm said:
Nevermind, the one i was talking about was a picture of CowCops taht Fellersbarnone had posted for him and it doesnt work anymore.

FOUND IT~!!

Cow5433104prolapse.jpg

I had to reload the whole thing back to photobucket, even though the original image was still listed in photobucket. Do photos expire ?

What a drag to think that all the photos we post eventually expire and become unseen.

All of the cows that I have seen with similar prolapses are always hard working Herefords over the age of 9.

Has anyone else experienced the same ?

Could someome else post photos of prolapses on a different breed/mix of cattle please.

Surely Angus must have them as well.

My problem came from a Braford. It was much more severe than the pictures shown above. The above photos almost looks like you can let it go to heal on it's own.

Have only experienced it once. It was real bad. First time calving heifer. Lost her. The vet said it was more predominate in dairy cattle as opposed to beef cattle.

fitz

CowCop":19q2gg7b said:
All of the cows that I have seen with similar prolapses are always hard working Herefords over the age of 9.

Has anyone else experienced the same ?

Could someome else post photos of prolapses on a different breed/mix of cattle please.

Surely Angus must have them as well.

we had a set of old hereford cows that would lay down and throw out a bubble of water then prolapse. haven't had any issues since we sold the last one. Something with that bloodline had issues.

Latest posts