Problem with this Website

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13

Reaction score
Does anyone else notice that this website is running something in the background that causes missed keystrokes?

I started noticing the poor performance about 2 months ago. I thought it was my old computer. I bought a new laptop. It was actually worse. I mentioned it on here and Greybeard sent me a PM with some suggestions. Maybe it was the power of suggestion but I thought I had it fixed.

There is a computer geek at the WalMart store where I bought the laptop. He has been helping me sort out the problem. Part of the problem is this: Computer vendors load your new computer with crap that runs in the background. If you are not keen on computers, you will never know that. With his help, I have improved the performance but Cattle Today is still an aggravation. He believes the site may have outdated hosting software or the site is running background applications. What I have found is that my computer works fine on other websites. For example, I post on Heavy Equipment forums, I have no problems there. I am now preparing all my posts on Word 2013, then pasting them. My aggravation comes when I want to post a simple one line response and in one sentence have 5 missed keystrokes.
Is anyone else experiencing this?

I noticed this post by torogmc81:
Speaking of ads, I swear some of those ads slow down this site when they are trying to load/update. Anyone else notice this when they are typing?

I've noticed something similar, though it's not just key strokes. It'll move my cursor while I'm typing, or spontaneously highlights what I've already typed, and then as I keep typing it deletes everything. It's not only this website though, but it is only on my home laptop.
The only way to prevent it is to type very slowly, one letter at a time.

I almost exclusively visit here on my phone. It doesn't seem to bother it IDKY. It gives my PC heck, so I just stay away.

Well, Ron, I think you know my response to your thread already .... :)

But I have problems with other websites and it seems to be certain type of flash/ video ads that cause the same thing on other sites. It's like a feeling of 2 or more ads fighting each other to load and in turn my computer gets the short end of the stick
(That's my :2cents:, coming from someone that can't keep up with tech and sure as heck don't have the time or patient to either)

Glad youposted this Ron. Iwas about to buy a new keyboard thinking it ws the poblem.........yes this is how it cam out. I am getting really tired of avinto g backandfi everythig i post. this is what it looks like when on't

Maybe you need a better computer that can handle this monster sized website. :lol:

As for me I got a new keyboard so I've been hitting extra buttons all the time gewtting use to it.

3waycross":2v320n0z said:
Glad youposted this Ron. Iwas about to buy a new keyboard thinking it ws the poblem.........yes this is how it cam out. I am getting really tired of avinto g backandfi everythig i post. this is what it looks like when on't

Yep her to asyou can see this is how ine comes out it is not your eyboard. I gt a new laptop and it is wose. omethig is wong. Good luck.

Geez! This think of the possibilities, cussing, calling names and picking fights all with out the "be nice" flag, deleted post, locks or bans!....... There's always a positive to be had! :hide:

It also doesn't cause any problems for me from my phone, and not always from my keyboard. Right now it's fine, for example. I wish I knew what causes it. Someone mentioned that maybe when certain ads are running? That makes as much sense as anything else. Grainger and GMC Trucks right now.

Edit: Now I can't get the Submit button to work. It keeps taking me to the "Preview" page. I'll try again.

For those having problems:
How many are typing on a laptop with a touchpad?
Inadvertently and unknowingly brushing a palm, finger or thumb on the touchpad is the most common cause of unwanted cursor movement.
I had so much trouble with it, that I disabled the touchpad and use a wireless mouse.

On some keybards unknowingly hitting the "insert" key will result in existing text being deleted as you type.

Of course, another cause of unwanted cursor movement is a hijacked browser--meaning someone has managed to get remote access.

I originally thought it was the touchpad, but was able to determine that's wasn't the issue. Then I thought it was the wireless mouse, but disabled it and still had the problem. I can open Word and type just fine, and some websites aren't a problem, but most of them cause the same issue.

TB: HP
Simangus: I use explorer.

As M.Magis stated, I don't believe it is a hardware problem. I believe there are applications that are running because of an interaction with the hosting site. I believe that because of what I have learned from the computer geek at Walmart. He did tell me how I can shut some of that down from my computer. I did some of that and it did help however the problem reoccurred. Interesting, as I am typing this it is taking all my key strokes.

Latest posts