Probably know shortly about 2nd amendment rights...

Help Support CattleToday:

SDM said:
Redgully said:
...i know a guy who shoots camels at 1km...

I don't want to disrupt this thread but I'd love to hear more about this in a different one.

Id love to know more too! Spoke to the guy briefly and it was really interesting, whole different world in the outback. He was only young, maybe thirty, but done more shooting than i will in my life. Has over 20 guns and all stored at police station, when he goes bush just takes what he needs and is registered shooter.

Thank you for your reply. It seems very different from here.
It's so different it's hard to compare.
People who own 25 guns are fairly common and 200-300 is not unheard of.

kenny thomas said:
Got that right Kenny as most people I know have multiple gun safes.

kenny thomas said:

I do have to ask why, what on earth would you need that many guns for. For me i need an air rifle, .22 and a 12 gauge shotgun. We had a 410 shot gun but that was expensive and useless. If i had large acreage I'd need a 30 30 also.

Forgot to mention, silencers are also banned.....but easy to make.....

Redgully said:
kenny thomas said:

I do have to ask why, what on earth would you need that many guns for. For me i need an air rifle, .22 and a 12 gauge shotgun. We had a 410 shot gun but that was expensive and useless. If i had large acreage I'd need a 30 30 also.

Need and right to own are two different things.
I have four 12 gauges and 16 gauges that are several generations in the family. I normally shoot two 20's and 28's . A pile of lever guns from 32-40 to 44 mag's . The list goes on, quite a few of those guns have been in my family for generations. My Marine uncles 1911 that made the beach landings in the South Pacific is priceless to me. I would have to count hunting rifles.
If it got down to strictly need a 22LR, 12 gauge and a 30-30 would cover the bases.
I don't need two trucks either, I have the freedoms to own what I want and have the means to purchase.
I bought a bolt action in 350 Legend yesterday. Did I need it not hardly. Did I want it? You bet and it followed me home. That's the difference I don't have to seek permission to own for hunting, self defense or protection from tyrants. This is ingrained into our inalienable rights as Americans.

"The U.S. Constitution is the most successful and widely copied national political charter in the history of western civilization. For the first time in history, people founded a system of government based on ideas rather than power, and purposefully delineated a separation of powers to preserve individual liberty."

I think the gun seizure thing is already starting to take legs in this state. The Virginia Senate approves 'red flag' law allowing seizure of guns from someone deemed a threat. Next it will be everybody...........now it is in place to seize I am sure they will take advantage and be knocking down doors.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/virginia-senate-approves-red-flag-law-allowing-temporary-seizure-of-guns-from-someone-deemed-a-threat/ar-BBZeikH?li=BBnb7Kz

The Virginia Senate on Wednesday passed a "red flag" law that would allow authorities to temporarily seize the firearm of someone deemed a threat, a measure that was strongly opposed by gun rights advocates who swarmed the streets around the state Capitol on Monday.

The bill passed on a party-line vote of 21-19, with every Democrat in favor and every Republican against. Debate grew unusually sharp as some GOP senators suggested that the bill would violate the Second Amendment's right to bear arms.

"Each legislator that votes in favor of this bill in my opinion is a traitor to Virginia, a traitor to the Second Amendment and a traitor to our constitutional freedoms," said Sen. Amanda F. Chase (R-Chesterfield), the gun-toting iconoclast known for her provocative style.

I have a question. First I am not anti-gun, I own 4 rifles 6 shotguns and 2 pistols. But, why does anyone "need" a high capacity magazine? What is wrong with some reasonable regulation? There are some restrictions that are justified.

sstterry said:
I have a question. First I am not anti-gun, I own 4 rifles 6 shotguns and 2 pistols. But, why does anyone "need" a high capacity magazine? What is wrong with some reasonable regulation? There are some restrictions that are justified.

Have you ever went target practicing with a Ruger 10/22 with 25 round Bulter creek magazines? You can have a blast, especially since .22 ammo is cheap again. This is like going to the fair and throwing down $5 to shoot an air rifle to try and take out the star, but a lot more fun. A 10 round magazine is just not much and pretty much takes the fun out.

jltrent said:
sstterry said:

Have you ever went target practicing with a Ruger 10/22 with 25 round Bulter creek magazines? You can have a blast, especially since .22 ammo is cheap again. A 10 round magazine is just not much and pretty much takes the fun out.

But when you weigh the cost of a little fun vs saving possibly hundreds of lives, I know what my decision would be.

sstterry said:
jltrent said:
sstterry said:

Have you ever went target practicing with a Ruger 10/22 with 25 round Bulter creek magazines? You can have a blast, especially since .22 ammo is cheap again. A 10 round magazine is just not much and pretty much takes the fun out.

But when you weigh the cost of a little fun vs saving possibly hundreds of lives, I know what my decision would be.

So you're willing to give up essential liberty to a tyrant. That exact thinking cost millions of lives in Europe.
The irony is you are not willing to die to take them, I am to keep them.
When we get there it will effect every family in this country.

Caustic Burno said:
Redgully said:
kenny thomas said:

I have four 12 gauges and 16 gauges that are several generations in the family. I normally shoot two 20's and 28's . A pile of lever guns from 32-40 to 44 mag's . The list goes on, quite a few of those guns have been in my family for generations. My Marine uncles 1911 that made the beach landings in the South Pacific is priceless to me. I would have to count hunting rifles.
If it got down to strictly need a 22LR, 12 gauge and a 30-30 would cover the bases.
I don't need two trucks either, I have the freedoms to own what I want and have the means to purchase.
I bought a bolt action in 350 Legend yesterday. Did I need it not hardly. Did I want it? You bet and it followed me home. That's the difference I don't have to seek permission to own for hunting, self defense or protection from tyrants. This is ingrained into our inalienable rights as Americans.

"The U.S. Constitution is the most successful and widely copied national political charter in the history of western civilization. For the first time in history, people founded a system of government based on ideas rather than power, and purposefully delineated a separation of powers to preserve individual liberty."

Interesting, you and many others post on here all the time how bad things are there with crime drugs and the young generation, maybe the system needs tweeking.

Your gun collection sounds awesome. Well worth keeping the sentimental ones i agree. Not needing to seek permission to get what you want i question because not everyone is responsible like you. There are people who want to shoot kids in schools and until you can stop that i think you need to do something about it.

sstterry said:
jltrent said:
sstterry said:

There are millions of ways to kill a human being and lots of human beings. We could ban probably half of the items we use everyday, especially if somebody thought they could get elected by getting it done. I guess one of the big probables I have is when they start passing laws were do they stop and 99.9999% of gun owners are harmless. If somebody that is drunk driving or talking on a cell phone while driving takes out a whole family should we ban cars, cell phones and/or Bud Light? Way more people are killed this way than guns.. They need to the leave the guns rights a lone...You don't have any worries in your state as you don't have a bunch of idiots running it. If they start resettling refugees in your state and from what I hear no far from you it may not turn out good, especially if they are the the middle eastern people. A few extra rounds of lead may come in handy in a few years.

Redgully said:
Caustic Burno said:
Redgully said:

Interesting, you and many others post on here all the time how bad things are there with crime drugs and the young generation, maybe the system needs tweeking.

Your gun collection sounds awesome. Well worth keeping the sentimental ones i agree. Not needing to seek permission to get what you want i question because not everyone is responsible like you. There are people who want to shoot kids in schools and until you can stop that i think you need to do something about it.

We did do something about it!
The liberals made revolving doors out of our prison systems. Secondly they shut down our state run mental institutions and released them on the streets.
I guess you can never truly understand freedom when you have never had it.
It's your prerogative to support a monarchy, as long as you do your a subject not a citizen.

Caustic Burno said:
sstterry said:
jltrent said:

So you're willing to give up essential liberty to a tyrant. That exact thinking cost millions of lives in Europe.

Don't' twist my words. I didn't say give up guns. I said reasonable regulation. You can't own and automatic weapon without a special license. You can't own a bazooka or a grenade launcher either.

Plus, I don't consider firearms an essential liberty. It was widely accepted until about 50 years ago that the 2nd Amendment applied to States and not the individual. That is not the law now and I recognize that.

My only argument is that for the safety of the public, some regulation is necessary.

jltrent said:
sstterry said:
jltrent said:

There are millions of ways to kill a human being and lots of human beings. We could ban probably half of the items we use everyday, especially if somebody thought they could get elected by getting it done. I guess one of the big probables I have is when they start passing laws were do they stop and 99.9999% of gun owners are harmless. If somebody that is drunk driving or talking on a cell phone while driving takes out a whole family should we ban cars? Way more people are killed this way than guns.. They need to the leave the guns rights a lone...You don't have any worries in your state as you don't have a bunch of idiots running it. If they start resettling refugees in your state and from what I hear no far from you it may not turn out good, especially if they are the the middle eastern people. A few extra rounds of lead may come in handy in a few years

Case in point. Total societal breakdown traceable to the Great Society.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fox8.com/2020/01/14/florida-woman-faces-charges-for-allegedly-making-bomb-in-walmart-in-front-of-child/amp/

Caustic Burno said:
The liberals made revolving doors out of our prison systems. Secondly they shut down our state run mental institutions and released them on the streets.

The last time I checked, that was the Republicans that did that. They cut funding for mental institutions and they privatized the prison system.

sstterry said:
Caustic Burno said:
sstterry said:

Don't' twist my words. I didn't say give up guns. I said reasonable regulation. You can't own and automatic weapon without a special license. You can't own a bazooka or a grenade launcher either.

Plus, I don't consider firearms an essential liberty. It was widely accepted until about 50 years ago that the 2nd Amendment applied to States and not the individual. That is not the law now and I recognize that.

My only argument is that for the safety of the public, some regulation is necessary.

No twisting, your thought process goes against the very founding principles of this country. It's exactly what the framers were trying to protect against.

Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

sstterry said:
Caustic Burno said:
sstterry said:

Where do the regulations stop once they are started? Are you willing to set back and trust a bunch of politicians to your rights, so they can keep their job and all the perks. You are way more trusting than me as I don't trust any of them including all parties, but some are more trusting than others. IF we set back and let them we will be going down to the police station to check a gun out like poor ole Redgully has to do. Terry I appreciate your comments and try to respect every bodies ideals.

Caustic Burno said:
Redgully said:
kenny thomas said:

Can't add much to what CB said. I have a collection and most of them I have never shot or even loaded. The number shouldn't matter it's the person that matters.
Here when buying from a dealer the background of the person is checked not the gun. At this time I am allowed to sell my neighbor one, or give one away if I wish. It's my right by law as long as neither of us are a felon.