Price of Gas

Help Support CattleToday:

vs_cattle

Reaction score
Gas Prices:
What You Look On Gas Prices

I agree gas is to high and I think the goverment needs to help out or take some kind of action to make prices stable out not rising over a dollar a year a high price in my area is 3.31 a gallon their are some less like 3.00 + but that still to high. Whats driving the price up? Is it just the demand and war or is there another factor that changes the price?

From what I've read, you can blame the high price of gas on the environmentalist. They've blocked new refinereries from being built for over thirty years and have been successful in preventing drilling in many different areas of our country.

One of the tools they use in controlling the "greenhouse effect" is the price of gas. When gas cost more than we are willing to pay, we will use less which in turn cuts down on pollution. Unfortunately there are many people on fixed incomes who simply cannot afford to pay such high prices. As a result, we have law abiding people that are forced to do without and others who resort to crime to make ends meet.

The refineries have to produce winter and summer blends and so as we approach changing seasons, inventory goes up or down as the case may be. The environmentalist are the one's that have forced different blends of gasoline upon different regions which in turn governs where that particular product may be sold. The result of this may cause certain areas to have a low inventory and with demand being high, causes the price to soar.

In one of Al Gore's past campaign speaches attacking the President, he accused our President of " playing on our fears". I feel that Al Gore is the one who is "playing on our fears" with all of his so called "global warming" nonsense. His screaming at the top of his lungs reminds me of Hillary and her screaming and screaching which makes me just want to puke.

As you may have guessed, I have not bought into Al's agenda but I do feel that as inhabatants of the earth, we need to be mindfull and not polute. Yes, there have been many incidents where chemical spills or intentional dumping have occured and that does need to be stopped.

I wonder if the people up in the North East feel like "global warming" has been a problem this year? From what I understand, the earth's weather pattern cycles back and forth from cooling cycles to warming cycles so hang on New York, your turn for warmer weather is coming.

Just my opinion,

Fly-guy

vs_cattle":1km5w6qk said:
Gas Prices:

I agree gas is to high and I think the goverment needs to help out or take some kind of action to make prices stable out not rising over a dollar a year a high price in my area is 3.31 a gallon their are some less like 3.00 + but that still to high. Whats driving the price up? Is it just the demand and war or is there another factor that changes the price?

You can blame the price of gas on sheer greed. Oil companies are raising the price because they can. There's no shortage of oil; there's no shortage of gasoline.

vs_cattle":2uqyidcx said:
Gas Prices:

ours is $2.39-40 it got down to $1.94 last month but during christmas it was as high as $3.00. here we just think it is a way of life... :D :) :) :) :D :D 8) :lol: :lol:

Al Gore is dead on on the globle warming thing, there are way to many great minds that agree with him....Now for you who dont, got get your six shooter put one bullet in it and play russian rulette five times....Then come back and tell me how wrong Al Gore is....You are playing Russian Rulette with a planet....Not just our planet but our children,children,children planet and I want my great grand kids to have a nice planet...I think we owe it to them.....WE ARE RESPONABLE, WE SHOULD ACCEPT IT, AND ACT ACCORDING....

alftn":24smp0rd said:
Al Gore is dead on on the globle warming thing, there are way to many great minds that agree with him....Now for you who dont, got get your six shooter put one bullet in it and play russian rulette five times....Then come back and tell me how wrong Al Gore is....You are playing Russian Rulette with a planet....Not just our planet but our children,children,children planet and I want my great grand kids to have a nice planet...I think we owe it to them.....WE ARE RESPONABLE, WE SHOULD ACCEPT IT, AND ACT ACCORDING....

Guess you missed the headlines in the Tennessean yesterday... Gore's a real man of character and ethics...and did I mention GREEDY? I'm sure he's really a good steward of the land on his own Farm.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll ... 0770316074

Do you folks know that oil is a world market? Guess what country will be the worlds largest consumer of petroleum in a couple years? Where just a decade ago was not a factor.

Yup China, We created a monster, with our free trade, even though free trade means only, them selling to us.

alftn":2z7cldrr said:

Could not disagree more with you and Gore.

Bez>

Al Gore is as dumb as a box of rocks, and so are those that fall into that cr@p. :roll:

alftn":j10vzn6j said:

your being sarcastic right? we cant control if a tornado is gonna ruin our town or if a blizzard is gonna snow us in or if the cold, cold temps are gonna freeze us all to death. so why do you think that we can control the hot, hot temps can burn us all in he!!? you really need to grow your own brain and be a leader not a follower.

vs_cattle":3f0esszx said:
Gas Prices:

Your gas is always going to be higher than the rest of the country. There are no pipelines flowing west. The major refining is on the Gulf Coast with the pipelines going east and to the central part of the country. You are more refining limited than most of the country due to enviromental regulations which are much stricter. Gasoline seasonal goes up in the spring due to EPA regs as we have to go to produceing low rvp gasoline. Lots of refiners take this time to take gasoline producing units down for repairs so they can run them wide open during peak gasoline season.

One U.S. gallon is equivalent to 3.79 litres.
One Canuck dollar is equivalent to .85 cents U.S.
One Canuck litre of fuel costs 99.9 Canuck cents

So, Canuck gas at present averages .85 x 3.79

If my math - not my strongest point - is correct - Canuck gas - when numbers are transferred to U.S. numbers equals $3.22 a gallon.

In my area fuel stations sell diesel at prices somewhat higher than gasoline.

Pretty much across the country - east coast folks are about 10 - 15% higher - simply because the companies are able to make it so!

This country is a net exporter of oil, gas and such.

Somebody is truly getting rich - and it is not me.

Bez>

alftn":1v8s32yk said:

Climate has changed since the beginning of time if you believe the scientist at one time the world was entirely tropical to a few years later to a ice wall over a mile thick that carved the Ms river. The volcano on Hilo puts out more nox and sox than all the cars in the US in one day.

I think we need to ban volcanoes. How dare those Hawians pollute my planet with their toxic fumes. I think we should retroactively sue Pompie in the world court for damages as well.

Campground is exactly right. The earth had an ice age at one time and I doubt cave men caused it. For those of you that think the oil companies are raking it in buy stock in exxonmobile and get rich. Oil prices are high because China and India have finally gone industrial. The folks getting rich are the ones pumping oil out of the ground. One of the guys I work with used to always gripe about oil prices. Now he has one oil pump on family property split 18 ways. He doesn't gripe about oil prices anymore. On a differrent note. God put oil in the most inhospitable places on earth on purpose. Under the Ocean, in the desert, and places covered in ice 9 monthes out of the year.

Walt

Latest posts