premise ID registration

Help Support CattleToday:

dj

Reaction score
just wondering what ya'll were thinking about it

dj":3pbckphl said:
just wondering what ya'll were thinking about it

I went on line earlier this week and registered for ours. I think it's a good idea and one that has been slow in coming.

i think it is a good idea.. just hope the govt doesnt surround it with too much red tape. some states are already implementing it. some havent yet.

jmo

jt

I registered last year but when I hauled some animals to the sale barn they said it didn't matter because they weren't needed yet. The ways of government, both state and federal are alwasy a mystery to me.

dun

We got one in January. As for what I think about them, I think that with the track history of the folks in Washington, DC and the folks in Jefferson City, MO, I'll probably be dead and gone before they get around to actually doing anything with them. Good idea though.

Lee

Cowspider:

I live in upstate WA state and am not a rancher, but I was talking with two large ranchers last weekend on the subject and neither mentioned anything about registering cattle yet. Both thought it would come sooner or later, but hadn't heard anything regarding a requirement yet. Just curious if what you are doing is preemptive or ?

SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":2b9bobfn said:
Register? How did you register? Probably just a ploy so they will know where to come to when the new world order wants to confiscate your cattle!! :shock:

http://www.arlpc.org/avpisform.asp

You can register on-line at this site . Do it while it's free.
After Jan. 1 2007 you will need it to sell cattle . Everyone with so much as a bottle calf or horse will have to have one .

with your i d on a calf, you sell it to someone else, then they sell it to someone else again & they feed it something so it gets bse or something else . do they come back & destroy all your animals. from what i hear your no. stays with it forever

jerry27150":231upr5c said:
with your i d on a calf, you sell it to someone else, then they sell it to someone else again & they feed it something so it gets bse or something else . do they come back & destroy all your animals. from what i hear your no. stays with it forever

In Arkansas the ear tag number will be registered to your premise ID. If you sell the animal to another farm the tag number will be transfered to him. If you sell your farm the premise ID number stays with the farm.

WORANCH":1x5lbllu said:
jerry27150":1x5lbllu said:
If you sell the animal to another farm the tag number will be transfered to him.

Is that based on the honor system like the check-off dollar? I sell a heifer to joe blow, something goes wrong and it doesn't get transfered to his premis ID, then it gets some human killing disease and is traced back to me...I don't like those odds.

Or is it like registration papers? I have the premis ID and it's not manditory yet for you to have it. Like papers...you are not a member so I don't transfer. Hmmm, hasn't caught my intrest just yet

certherfbeef":3o5dzs91 said:
WORANCH":3o5dzs91 said:
jerry27150":3o5dzs91 said:
If you sell the animal to another farm the tag number will be transfered to him.

Is that based on the honor system like the check-off dollar? I sell a heifer to joe blow, something goes wrong and it doesn't get transfered to his premis ID, then it gets some human killing disease and is traced back to me...I don't like those odds.

Or is it like registration papers? I have the premis ID and it's not manditory yet for you to have it. Like papers...you are not a member so I don't transfer. Hmmm, hasn't caught my intrest just yet

If you sell a heifer to joe blow ,you will need to make sure it is transfered to his I D . If you sell at the sale barn they will transfer the # (I'm sure it will be for a small fee ;-) ) Everyone that buys or sells livestock will have to have an ID.

WORANCH":2mpnpsi5 said:
SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":2mpnpsi5 said:
Register? How did you register? Probably just a ploy so they will know where to come to when the new world order wants to confiscate your cattle!! :shock:

http://www.arlpc.org/avpisform.asp

You can register on-line at this site . Do it while it's free.
After Jan. 1 2007 you will need it to sell cattle . Everyone with so much as a bottle calf or horse will have to have one .

Thanks for the link WO. One question, I skimmed through it but didn't see anything about the Jan. 1, 2007 date, where did you get that info?

Thanks, ;-)

Latest posts