prayers..

Help Support CattleToday:

My heart is heavy for you all. Took care of my wife for her last 2 months at home. Hardest thing I have ever done, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. It's clear to me, you have a full grasp on the situation, all I can offer is my thoughts, prayers and empathy.

Life has and end-gate whether we like it or not. Just be prepared we all will have to face it. Will praying help when the time comes who knows it may comfort the living death might be the answer to prayers and we will have to except what ever will be will be. Que Sera Sera.

GB so sorry to hear about your brother. Will definitely pray for him especially that he will decide to do whatever MD recommends even though it may mean more pain and sickness in the shortrun. God Bless.

Really sorry to hear that GB. Those kinds of diagnosis can sure change a person's psyche and we all might react in ways we normally wouldn't.

A nurse gave me some misinformation last year. I spent from Friday evening at 5 p.m. until Monday at 2 p.m. thinking I was checking out earlier than anticipated. I can't do justice in explanation, it's a hard place.
I pray you both find comfort and the best outcome possible.

He had his consult with the surgeon yesterday afternoon. He did not call me, and didn't answer my text, I texted his daughter last night, that went with him to the consultation, and she replied "He said he would call you", so I'm guessing it did not go well. Maybe he will call today........I put my truck in the shop yesterday to get a brake job done so I can take off at a moment notice and am packed.
In life, we each know we have an expiration date--gets lots harder when we know what that date is (more or less) for ourselves or for someone we care about. I try to just leave it in God's hands, but it's so difficult.

A person has a lot of fight in them just to go through the radiation and chemo treatments once. I sure can't see going through it a second time. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

greybeard":23mvu8el said:
He had his consult with the surgeon yesterday afternoon. He did not call me, and didn't answer my text, I texted his daughter last night, that went with him to the consultation, and she replied "He said he would call you", so I'm guessing it did not go well. Maybe he will call today........I put my truck in the shop yesterday to get a brake job done so I can take off at a moment notice and am packed.
In life, we each know we have an expiration date--gets lots harder when we know what that date is (more or less) for ourselves or for someone we care about. I try to just leave it in God's hands, but it's so difficult.

Is this the one in Houston you wanted him to go see or the first one? If they can treat it with surgery he needs to do everything he can to be around for his daughter, for you, for all his family and friends. Sounds like you and daughter may need to have a heart to heart with him to get him to see how important he really is to y'all. Take him to go do is favorite thing and see what living is all about. It's sounds like denial is his way of dealing with his feelings which sound as it would be for most people quite depressed about his health problems. Will pray for him and your and his daughters efforts.

Well, the die is cast. Surgery is set up for tomorrow morning. They will cut a comparatively large rectangle shaped hole in the lower back of his head--right side and work their way thru tissue and into right side cerebellum, taking the minimum part of brain tissue necessary to get to the tumor. It's going to be 'tricky' but his best/only option with no guarantees of no recurrence or of no loss of motor skill function. Basic recovery is expected to be '7 days to weeks' "depending"... with brain swelling always a risk. The piece they take out of his skull will be ground up and mixed with an organic compound called methyl methacrylate and used to patch the hole in his head. Said the scalp will grow back on it's own. He has asked that none of his extended family make the trip from out of state (meaning me and my 2 sisters) and he's adamant about it, until he's in recovery a few days. As much as that hurts to just have to sit here on my fat useless butt, and tho I've been packed and ready to go for nearly a week, I will abide by his wishes. His kids and wife will be there--not much anyone can do anyway but sit and wait.
Oh Lord, be merciful..

Latest posts