Prayers and Opinions needed

Help Support CattleToday:

I keep you in my prayers. Im 19 and i attend a community college and i have never been good in school. Im working on transfering to a 4 year college to AG Ed. The best thing is to get some form of degree the paper and the time will pay off. Maybe get a part-time job or volunter at your local fire department to keep you busy.

Anyway GoodLuck,

SFF

Trust me, you do NOT want to be depending on a real estate license right NOW in this economy! IT is a whole lot better to spend these next few years improving your marketability and getting a degree. I don't know much about Mississippi; but here in Alabama nobody gets paid worse than firefighters. We put 18-20 year olds in a fire engine, they get married and have a kid and we literally have them going too Iraq to make more money. The job is too cool. People will do it for $7 or 8 an hour and they don't make a decent wage until they are lieutenants (or higher).

Brandonm22":k6ayv95p said:
Trust me, you do NOT want to be depending on a real estate license right NOW in this economy! IT is a whole lot better to spend these next few years improving your marketability and getting a degree. I don't know much about Mississippi; but here in Alabama nobody gets paid worse than firefighters. We put 18-20 year olds in a fire engine, they get married and have a kid and we literally have them going too Iraq to make more money. The job is too cool. People will do it for $7 or 8 an hour and they don't make a decent wage until they are lieutenants (or higher).

Fire fighters in New York City get a pension plus they make excellent wages and benefits. It depends where you get hired.

HerefordSire":38u31d8l said:
Fire fighters in New York City get a pension plus they make excellent wages and benefits. It depends where you get hired.

True but I got a suspicion that small town Mississippi pays a lot closer to what small town Alabama pays than what New York City does. Granted this is just a hunch. Our guys DO get state retirement so if you can gut it out, it is not so bad in the long long run.

Brandonm22":wrlqzuui said:
HerefordSire":wrlqzuui said:

True but I got a suspicion that small town Mississippi pays a lot closer to what small town Alabama pays than what New York City does. Granted this is just a hunch. Our guys DO get state retirement so if you can gut it out, it is not so bad in the long long run.

I bet there are allot of fires in NYC also. Pensions are very hard to get these days. 25-30 years comes by before you know it.

I think all the advice has been good, and I don't think I can add much there, but I can pray for you, and I will . Good luck, and come back here often for encouragement .

Larry

Latest posts