Post Driver off of a Polaris

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Hello all!

Looking to put in 8-10 miles of fence on a ranch in Southeastern Montana soon, so I was shopping around for a suitable post driver. Willing to spend top dollar if it is a quality product that fits my needs! The ground can be pretty hard where I'm headed, so need something heavy duty enough to do wooden posts as well as regular t-posts.

I will have a Polaris Ranger to work off of - does anyone know of any trailered post drivers that would work to hitch onto my Ranger? Going to be going up and down some hills, but not crazy terrain, and my Ranger is rated to tow 2500 lb. capacity. I looked at Wheatheart's trailer version of their Heavy Hitter, but I think the specs are too heavy for my machine.

If no good trailer post driver options are out there that can work with a Polaris, is there a hydraulic post pounder out there that is fairly heavy duty and easy to work with on a one-man job?

Taking any and all suggestions! Also looked at gas powered, but I'm willing to pay extra if a hydraulic or trailer version is out there that is a significant step up and works well off a Ranger. Gas powered seem decent, but being harder ground and all, look considerably slower than other options...

Thanks!

mesquitekiller said:
Hello all!

Looking to put in 8-10 miles of fence on a ranch in Southeastern Montana soon, so I was shopping around for a suitable post driver. Willing to spend top dollar if it is a quality product that fits my needs! The ground can be pretty hard where I'm headed, so need something heavy duty enough to do wooden posts as well as regular t-posts.

I will have a Polaris Ranger to work off of - does anyone know of any trailered post drivers that would work to hitch onto my Ranger? Going to be going up and down some hills, but not crazy terrain, and my Ranger is rated to tow 2500 lb. capacity. I looked at Wheatheart's trailer version of their Heavy Hitter, but I think the specs are too heavy for my machine.

If no good trailer post driver options are out there that can work with a Polaris, is there a hydraulic post pounder out there that is fairly heavy duty and easy to work with on a one-man job?

Taking any and all suggestions! Also looked at gas powered, but I'm willing to pay extra if a hydraulic or trailer version is out there that is a significant step up and works well off a Ranger. Gas powered seem decent, but being harder ground and all, look considerably slower than other options...

Thanks!
Farm fence solutions could probably get you set up with a sweet self propelled driver

Latest posts