polled herford

Help Support CattleToday:

Bez":3jemp06u said:
Camp

I know you don't need a defender. And I know I seldom get into these things. But, like the song goes - "Tonight's the night"

If you ever get a chance to come to my part of the world we will have to sit down over a coffee and talk a bit. Seems you have found a way of getting under the skin of some young fellow who is gettin a fancy ejukation but has not learned to be at least a little polite. But, maybe it's you that needs a lesson in manners?

Now me, I don't know much about nuthin' and my Herefords are probably pretty spindly compared to this young man's animals. But then I am just a commercial guy. What would I EVER know about breeding? After all, all you have to do is put a bull in a field and the breeding gets done. Right? Creep the heck out of them and they grow. If you get lucky you survive. If you get really lucky you make some money.

Because I am not making any money, I suspect this young fellow with the loud voice has lots to teach me. I am interested in hearing him tell me how some of his competitors raise some pretty poor animals and how his are so good. He might be saving me from making a bad decision. Maybe you and I should just "listen up"?

I also want him to tell me if he is saying the same thing to his competitors in the business. You see, I am under the impression that it is a fairly close knit community. I know one breeder who went WELL out of his way to help me - knowing full well he would get nothing for his help but a hearfelt "Thanks". Funny thing is I had to listen real close to hear him.

But I do buy the odd bull from folks that talk soft, seem honest and act like they are ready to back their animals with a "money back guarantee".

So, once you're done "apologizing for running his herd down" - I will give you 40 lashes with a wet noodle. Then you and I can chow down on a commercial steak that really won't taste too bad. I like the steak a bit burned on the outside and a bit rare on the inside. They need to grade good to taste good when you do them like that. Mine generally do - even though I do not have much in the line of education. And I am getting a real good lesson.

Mind you I am not too sure what the epds are on my bulls and my cows - but I do condescend to throw a little A.I. into the herd once in a while.

Just to keep up with the Joneses - if you get my drift!

:lol:

Bez

You got a date