Pocket pistols, just a reminder.

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep":2q4iiznv said:
Up here just owning a piston is a paperwork nightmare, and you're only allowed to transport it from your place to the gun range. Long rifles are OK though.

With all these "what if's" floating around.. I mean just because you have a pistol when someone breaks and enters doesn't mean you have to inflict deadly injury with it.. If he's got something bad pointed at you, I'd say by all means go for a heart shot, but a guy carrying a baseball bat isn't going to be chasing you around if you've blown a hole in him anywhere.. a doubletap into his legs is going to neutralize him pretty darned fast...

When I was with the Sheriff's Posse and had to qualify, once I got my sharpshooter badge my Lt. told me to qualify with a lower score. Their thinking was, if you were a sharpshooter/expert, why didn't you just shoot them in the arm or leg. You have to train to be able to react in a sudden situation. Training, mass of body. This isn't tv, it is gonna hurt to get shot, put the bad guy down.

Nope, not Amish. Wondered if someone would catch that. Currently started a team of Norwegian Fjords and have a team I hope to start this summer that are half draft. Currently dealing with a situation with my arm that I had two bypasses, 3-12 going back in for a bypass from middle of bicep to possibly middle of hand. Traded my 9 mm semi autos after the last bypass as I couldn't work the slide so traded them for a few 357's.

Farmerjon":24501mdg said:
Currently started a team of Norwegian Fjords and have a team I hope to start this summer that are half draft.
I remember you posted pic of some of your horses a time back...beauties :D . Hope all goes well with your bypass.

Pistols make me nervous
I'm afraid I'll shoot myself
I always feel like I need to keep them at arms length and pointed at the floor, no way I could carry one
But I can usually tell the when a guy is more confident than he should be
I start looking for the bulge or where his hand is drawn to
Some you can tell cause their always feeling for it. Just standing in line or something they reach and feel to be sure it's still there I guess

I'm going to agree on the .44 mag for a night stand. I'm stuck in a cheap motel just west of down town Little Rock tonight. Yes, I have all three; alcohol, tobacco, and firearms. I love life
E3EFA796-0589-4664-BFF1-D270607C028B-3246-000002C1EED79442_zps167638dd.jpg

I have a 44 mag great round I just do not like the recoil of the round in a pistol for a follow up shot.
Never felt like the big boom was near as important as hitting the target. I reload the fire out of 44 mag think
it is a great round in a rifle. It is about the shooter's ability to handle a given round's recoil and, thus place his or her shots accurately.
If you can't double tap two on top of each other you need more practice or a round you can handle.
A hit with a 22 is better than a miss with a 44.

Ouachita":2vwny59i said:
I'm going to agree on the .44 mag for a night stand. I'm stuck in a cheap motel just west of down town Little Rock tonight. Yes, I have all three; alcohol, tobacco, and firearms. I love life

A man of many vices. I guess you didn't show us what the lady looks like. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kidding, of course. Be safe, Ouachita!

Caustic Burno":2lbarj9l said:
I have a 44 mag great round I just do not like the recoil of the round in a pistol for a follow up shot.
Never felt like the big boom was near as important as hitting the target. I reload the fire out of 44 mag think
it is a great round in a rifle. It is about the shooter's ability to handle a given round's recoil and, thus place his or her shots accurately.
If you can't double tap two on top of each other you need more practice or a round you can handle.
A hit with a 22 is better than a miss with a 44.

I agree with that, CB. I should explain. I carry a Wilson Combat 1911 in a Wilson Combat paddle holster when I want to carry. I find no problem with the .45 recoil to do the tap. I have taken defensive pistol; most train to put two taps in the target. The concept is that it takes a second for the target to be disabled. The shock of the first round disables him. The second round disables him to allow assurance that the target will not return fire. But if you are only facing one target and don't consider you need the rounds in the clip, fire on the target until it is down and not moving. That's how they teach it.

I have not carried in the past 3 years. I go to the farm and don't want it in the way. When I was in Denver, I had a City and County of Denver permit. I carried. I had a lady friend who was a dispatch for the police station in the Uptown District, she thought I was going into some areas I should not have been. Especially, some of the Colfax area.

One thing everyone needs to remember, no matter what you practice for "defense"; the first one at "offense" has the advantage. If someone wants you, your azz is going to be cooling on a marble slab.

inyati13":3w1vv79c said:
Ouachita":3w1vv79c said:

A man of many vices. I guess you didn't show us what the lady looks like!

My wife of course. We had to be a different places so decided to meet here. I told her this feels kinda sneaky. I think this is the same place Bill boinked Jennifer.

Latest posts