Pocket pistols, just a reminder.

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":2ihjcjgh said:

I looked at those CB....
in fact I spent way too much time a while back shopping holsters....
finally decide that what I had was working okay....
my biggest fear is the snap coming loose on my holster and the pistol falling out....it is a compact revolver with short barrel and most to the weight is up high....

what do you most like about the versacarry?

pdfangus":32q1ijvx said:
I carried my little 357 mag in a coat pocket for a while and then got disgusted with how it looked one day....
I bought a little cheap holster and clip it inside my waist band now....I bought a left handed holster and wear it inside the waist band on the right side....vest or a loose fitting shirt hides it real well....

I have tried it in several positions but ended up liking it right on my hip...small of back was second choice but uncomfortable when driving....

inside the waist band it is held in place and pretty secure by the belt....outside the band it is top heavy due to short barrel and always tried to fall out of the holster even with the little safety strap engaged.....
That's how I carry too, that or in a pocket holster. Kind of amazing how much crud there is in a pants pocket.

They are light, work and you can tuck your shirt over them.
There is not a lot of tuckable holsters I tried that I liked.
I only carry a semi and they work well on them.

highgrit":j8olahra said:
Cowboy, it's better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it. I guess for folks that don't carry all the time they just can't understand. I never leave the house without my wallet and Case Trapper either. Inyati, that olé boy had a bad dream. I do keep mine on the night stand.

Highgrit, an Airweight is too small for a "Castle Defense" gun! Here is why: If someone is smart, they are going to enter your home with body armor. There are many kinds and they will stop a bullet, but if you hit a man in the chest, I don't care how big he is, with a 240 grain .44 magnum and his armor stops it, it does not matter, he is down like he was run over by your Bull. In addition, you know your home, he does not. If he blocks himself from you behind a wall and you know where he is, a .44 will go through sheetrock walls like they were butter and retain plenty of killing power.

Here is what stays close to me at night. ;-)

2m4t7wo.jpg

inyati13":23ryxkkf said:
highgrit":23ryxkkf said:
Cowboy, it's better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it. I guess for folks that don't carry all the time they just can't understand. I never leave the house without my wallet and Case Trapper either. Inyati, that olé boy had a bad dream. I do keep mine on the night stand.

Highgrit, an Airweight is too small for a "Castle Defense" gun! Here is why: If someone is smart, they are going to enter your home with body armor. There are many kinds and they will stop a bullet, but if you hit a man in the chest, I don't care how big he is, with a 240 grain .44 magnum and his armor stops it, it does not matter, he is down like he was run over by your Bull. In addition, you know your home, he does not. If he blocks himself from you behind a wall and you know where he is, a .44 will go through sheetrock walls like they were butter and retain plenty of killing power.

Here is what stays close to me at night. ;-)

2m4t7wo.jpg
Good logic but most criminals are not smart.

HeII the crackheads around here are not wearing body armour.
If they stole any it has been hocked.
You are thinking about swat tactics our government has went to using from a search warrant on.

I carry a non-lethal and lethal protection with me all the time. The non lethal is pepper spray "sabre red" and lethal is my .40

I carry except when going to school, at school and returning home. I have for years carried a Kel Tec 32 semi auto. It has the belt clip on it and I clip it inside my belt (between pants and belt) on the left side and I am right handed. Moved up to a Kel Tec 380 but haven't put enough rounds through it to trust it for everyday carry. Summer mowing pastures I like a SW 38 snub nose with shot shells. Easier to hold the lines on the team and actually hit a muskrat or little groundhog.

Farmerjon":2k488nf4 said:
I carry except when going to school, at school and returning home. I have for years carried a Kel Tec 32 semi auto. It has the belt clip on it and I clip it inside my belt (between pants and belt) on the left side and I am right handed. Moved up to a Kel Tec 380 but haven't put enough rounds through it to trust it for everyday carry. Summer mowing pastures I like a SW 38 snub nose with shot shells. Easier to hold the lines on the team and actually hit a muskrat or little groundhog.

Man that's a phrase you don't hear much anymore. Hope you can post some pics of them soon. :nod:

TexasBred":33g3c7jg said:
Farmerjon":33g3c7jg said:

Man that's a phrase you don't hear much anymore. Hope you can post some pics of them soon. :nod:

I thought is was a typo at first. Not too many mule teams out there.

TennesseeTuxedo":3dk5hdzj said:
TexasBred":3dk5hdzj said:
Farmerjon":3dk5hdzj said:

I thought is was a typo at first. Not too many mule teams out there.

Wondering if this fine gentleman is Amish.

Up here just owning a piston is a paperwork nightmare, and you're only allowed to transport it from your place to the gun range. Long rifles are OK though.

With all these "what if's" floating around.. I mean just because you have a pistol when someone breaks and enters doesn't mean you have to inflict deadly injury with it.. If he's got something bad pointed at you, I'd say by all means go for a heart shot, but a guy carrying a baseball bat isn't going to be chasing you around if you've blown a hole in him anywhere.. a doubletap into his legs is going to neutralize him pretty darned fast...

Nesikep":3kooe46s said:
Up here just owning a piston is a paperwork nightmare, and you're only allowed to transport it from your place to the gun range. Long rifles are OK though.

With all these "what if's" floating around.. I mean just because you have a pistol when someone breaks and enters doesn't mean you have to inflict deadly injury with it.. If he's got something bad pointed at you, I'd say by all means go for a heart shot, but a guy carrying a baseball bat isn't going to be chasing you around if you've blown a hole in him anywhere.. a doubletap into his legs is going to neutralize him pretty darned fast...

That thinking will get you in trouble here.
They will view the threat as not real if you shot someone in the leg.

I see... you ha've to admit the legal system is screwy when it's better you kill a guy than deliberately shoot him in a non lethal area

Latest posts