Pocket Knife

Help Support CattleToday:

aplusmnt":3llkczqd said:
Crowderfarms":3llkczqd said:
I carry a Boker Tree Brand, that's about 60-70 years old.

I had you pegged for one of those that when you turn it upside down the girl looses her bikini :lol:
I do have a lighter that blinks and is the shape of a girl in a Bikini...Have I ever told you bout' my wristwatch?

aplusmnt":1myi7ybm said:
Not sure what brand, says made in china, single lock blade has a picture of a Deer on the handle. Got it at the local convenient store. What does this say about my character?

:shock: I would just as soon have a a horse turd in my front pocket.

Caustic Burno":1oseglbr said:
aplusmnt":1oseglbr said:
Not sure what brand, says made in china, single lock blade has a picture of a Deer on the handle. Got it at the local convenient store. What does this say about my character?

Hard to keep sharp though :D
carl

Carlos D.":36g7no01 said:
Caustic Burno":36g7no01 said:
aplusmnt":36g7no01 said:

Hard to keep sharp though :D
carl

About the same as a Chinese Knife.

The "free" Buck folding knife that came with the $300 bottle of Eprinex a couple years back, and a big folding Old Timer in a sheath to cut strings/big stuff.

cfpinz

When away from home I don't carry anything in my pockets but I have a leatherman tool (was my dad's) and an old timer pocket knife in my purse at all times.

At home when doing chores around the place I slip my leatherman in my pocket, it does just about anything I need a knife to do plus more.

aplusmnt":2nreue6t said:
I have the same knife - minus the deer, bought at a conv. store but this thing holds a razor edge. My fancy (going out to dinner/ meeting knife) was a gift several years ago - a small 2 bladed Puma - that thing is also unbeatable but I'm afraid I'll lose it if I carry it everyday.

Swiss Army knife. Got it from Phillip Morris for saving Marlboro coupons. 2 blades, 2 screwdrivers (phillips and flat), can opener and bottle opener. Had it for 10 yrs. Works for me.

(1)Swiss Army "officer" big blade,little blade, screw drivers,twezzers(sp) :)never could spell-sorry.

(2)..........little Swiss Army, blade,nailfile,sizors(sp)

Use some part of both every day
Yeah,both are sharpe enough to shave with,if I did that. :)

I have a Old Timer Improved Muskrat in the pocket of my going to town pants and a Leatherman Wave on the belt of my work around the place pants. I really like that leatherman the knive blades hold an edge good and the other tools save me a lot of steps in a week's time.
Dave

Interesting thread a pocket knife is just a tool, but a tool used everyday on the farm. Pretty easy to judge someone by there tools and the way they upkeep things.

Kershaw, Ken Onion chive k1600 assisted opening.
carry it everday,could not do a thing without a pocketknife

I have to admit that I carry a little plastic handled Buck knife that Walmart was selling for $5. I tend to lose 1 or 2 a year so I bought 3 of them. I lost the first one, broke the second one, and have had the third one now for close to a year now. A month ago I found a nice Oldtimer in the shop that I had lost a couple years ago, so I should be set for at least another year.

Knives and Hammers... I don't know how I can lose so many hammers, but our farm must have at least a dozen buried on it.

As for judging a man by his knife, I heard something a while back about carrying a big expensive tool in his pocket to try and compensate for something or other. I can't remember the last part. ;-)

An old military surplus, stainless steel, four blades. nothing fancy,gets the job done without fail.

I have four or five nice knives that have been given to me over the years laying in a basket on the table where I empty my pockets everynight. I carry a $5.00 Old Timer from Walmart. It cuts rope from hay bales, cleans the cow crap from under my nails, and opens feed mineral sacks. If I lose it or break it, no big deal. Low charactor that I am, it doesn't bother me.