Pocket Knife

Help Support CattleToday:

Been carrying the last knife my grandad had lately.

3 blade bone handle case.

4" I quess its a large stockman. Bought it when I was 12.

Caustic Burno":1hwru68v said:
I always judged the character of a man by the pocket knife he carried.
Wondered what you carry in your pocket?
Case Medium Stockman. I've carried Schrades and Bucks in the past too. The Case is my favorite. I've got Grandpa's and Great Grandpa's Case too. I look at them, but they don't get much carry anymore.

Carry a Case three bladed pocket knife (think it is a stockman)and a Gerber on the belt. Wonder what that says about my character?

tom4018":1c8b8aje said:
Carry a Case three bladed pocket knife (think it is a stockman)and a Gerber on the belt. Wonder what that says about my character?

Says a lot for a man that carries a Case.

Always amazed me a guy would spend a 1000 bucks on a deer rifle to use it twice a year and five bucks on a tool you use every day.

I have always been partial to a Tony Bose sowbelly stockman or saddlehorn.

My case is wore out. It was old when grandaddy gave it to me. It is retired and in a box. I bought a little 3 bladed buck from Wally World and it is in the box too. It is simply too thick for your pocket. Lately I have been carrying a little "Buckmaster" lockblade freebie. It is a Gerber 300 and holds an edge decently. It only has one blade tho.

As for hunting knives, mostly I use Marbles knives and I've got many. They are the American made version carbon steel. I like the Fieldcraft Safe-Grip for skinning. I skinned a sow tonight with it. It just feels great in your fingers and no matter how greasy your hand gets, it has a sure grip. Perfect for hog skinning. It is too thick of a blade for skinning most anything else tho. Marbles makes a sow belly but I have not seen one at any store. I'd like to know how thick the knife is. I thought about buying one off of eBay many times but never have.

I've got a lot of collector's knives and they are pretty much just that, something to collect. Not something you'd use for practical things.

I have never liked a knife hanging on to me. I like one that fits comforably in the pocket.

When I pick up a knife, I breath on the blade. If I can see my breath (fog) on the blade, I don't buy that knife. Someone told me that when I was a kid and it sure seems to be true. I go by it.

I am fond of the kershaws. I also have a double bladed (serrated/nonserrated) buck knife with a hide ripper on one side. Do you approve Caustic?

Not sure what brand, says made in china, single lock blade has a picture of a Deer on the handle. Got it at the local convenient store. What does this say about my character?

most of the time i dont carry a knife and i definitely dont wear a watch. is that bad?

Beefy":1zagmrur said:
most of the time i dont carry a knife and i definitely dont wear a watch. is that bad?

I can make it with out a knife but no watch would drive me crazy! Do you Carry a cell phone to tell time with or do you use the sun?

aplusmnt":3hyy6x1f said:
Beefy":3hyy6x1f said:

I can make it with out a knife but no watch would drive me crazy! Do you Carry a cell phone to tell time with or do you use the sun?

I stopped wearing a watch over 5 years ago, and it was the best thing I ever did. When I had a watch, I was always looking at the time and worrying, I was constantly late, and I always felt in a rush.

Since ditching the watch, I have set myself free. I'm never late, and I never worry what time it is, I just do what needs doing and move on.

marimus":6crwnn0r said:
aplusmnt":6crwnn0r said:
Beefy":6crwnn0r said:

I stopped wearing a watch over 5 years ago, and it was the best thing I ever did. When I had a watch, I was always looking at the time and worrying, I was constantly late, and I always felt in a rush.

Since ditching the watch, I have set myself free. I'm never late, and I never worry what time it is, I just do what needs doing and move on.

Wish I could set myself free, but when you have to be at work at a certain time, then leave there and meet a manager at a specific time, then be home at certain time for kids, then have one kid at football at 6:00 and open house at school at 7:00 with other kid.

I could never make it with out a watch! Now once I win the 300 million dollar lottery, I will quit my job and hire a nanny to take care of the kids and the watch is a goner :lol:

Latest posts