Pocket Knife

Help Support CattleToday:

Mine is a Yellow handle 3 1/2 inch case two blade stockman.
My dads old yellow handle case is in a drawer. It
has been sharpened so many times there is a curve on
the edge. It's still sharp just like he left it.
RT

I carry a Marbles knife with the stag horn handles. It's got 4 blades. Good knife all around. When hunting I carry a Buck 110 folder or an old, old Schrade Uncle Henry Bear Paw.

Schrade Oltimer in the pocket, Schrade Uncle Henry on the belt.

Besides the usual uses for my Uncle hnry, it also guts and skins a deer very nicely.

Katherine

Is Stainless steel the best blade material? Do all the good knives have Stainless steel and if so what do they use for the cheap knives.

Took my son knife shopping last weekend. He did not find one he wanted. But this thread has got me looking at different knives mentioned. And I think I found one I am going to order him. Both my boys play golf, and Case makes a Knife with a divot, going to have to get them both one. Quality tool for the farm and golf course, can not beat it.

phpJ31JJe_550-.75x550_76775.jpg

I have carried a knife in my pocket since I was about 6 years old. That was along time ago when you you could carry one to school or anywhere else.
I used to always carry a case xx. But they don't seem to be as good as they used to be.
I now carry a small uncle Henry 3 blade stockman it is with me any time my pants are on.
If I have some heavy cutting to do I take a Buck folding lock blade on my belt.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":bwsw4lij said:
Thought Colt Pythons and Diamondbacks were revolvers :?:
not quite guy....nice lockblades. Dun....look on the infernalnet and you can find catalogs that have em in there for not all that much money! ;-)

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":2k4s6h3a said:
Thought Colt Pythons and Diamondbacks were revolvers :?:
They are. The Python was reputed to have the best trigger off the rack. Smooth as silk for a fact. Couldn't justify the difference in the price so stuck with my model 19, a target trigger and a couple hours with the honin stone. But they might also make a lockblade knife with that name i dunno.

I was in Joplin MO today city of about 50,000 people stopped at some Gun shops and sporting good stores and could not find one Case Knife in the whole town. Found some of the Bucks and Uncle Henry, but no Case knives, not even any used ones. Are these things like buying a Ferrari or something you have to go to the big cities to find them?

I heard of maybe one place that might have them it is a cutlery store that sales up scale kitchen knives and stuff like that, but they were closed.

Anyone heard of a Rooster knife? had a picture of a rooster on the blade were the name is usually. It was a nice little knife, looked like a lock blade but was not. Seemed really well built, it was used at a pawn shop. It really stood out to me as a quality knife but I had never heard of one. It was like $70.00 used.

HOSS":12w8nv6a said:
I carry a Marbles knife with the stag horn handles. It's got 4 blades. Good knife all around. When hunting I carry a Buck 110 folder or an old, old Schrade Uncle Henry Bear Paw.

You don't carry a sling or lawn mower blade?.....uuuh huh

I carry a old case .Plus a leatherman on the belt.
Used to have a real nice old buck but someone stole it out of my house awhile back.

I carry one of the multi-tool that fold over into needle-nose pliers. Don't know the brand and don't care as long as it gets the job done when I need it.

aplusmnt":2b3fm17i said:
I was in Joplin MO today city of about 50,000 people stopped at some Gun shops and sporting good stores and could not find one Case Knife in the whole town. Found some of the Bucks and Uncle Henry, but no Case knives, not even any used ones. Are these things like buying a Ferrari or something you have to go to the big cities to find them?

I heard of maybe one place that might have them it is a cutlery store that sales up scale kitchen knives and stuff like that, but they were closed.

Anyone heard of a Rooster knife? had a picture of a rooster on the blade were the name is usually. It was a nice little knife, looked like a lock blade but was not. Seemed really well built, it was used at a pawn shop. It really stood out to me as a quality knife but I had never heard of one. It was like $70.00 used.

Hen and Rooster maybe?
http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_make ... nives.html

1848":37dxmjbo said:
HOSS":37dxmjbo said:

You don't carry a sling or lawn mower blade?.....uuuh huh

I just got it. Good one!

I recently broke the tip of the blade of my USA made Uncle Henry. When I researched Uncle Henry knives, I discovered that Shrade Cutlery has been bought out and that Uncle Henry knives are made in China. Won't have a Chinese knife. Looked at Case. Made in USA. Good Knives? Give me some info. Thanks!

Latest posts