Pocket Knife

Help Support CattleToday:

J. T.":o4srozuj said:
I recently broke the tip of the blade of my USA made Uncle Henry. When I researched Uncle Henry knives, I discovered that Shrade Cutlery has been bought out and that Uncle Henry knives are made in China. Won't have a Chinese knife. Looked at Case. Made in USA. Good Knives? Give me some info. Thanks!

If you like carrying a working knife look in the Case line at the Sowbelly Stockman or Saddlehorn. These are the same designs they were a 100 years ago. A knife is a tool .

http://search.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/n ... earch.html

http://store.tkcknives.com/sowbelly4.html

VanC":3embh4me said:
1848":3embh4me said:
HOSS":3embh4me said:
I carry a Marbles knife with the stag horn handles. It's got 4 blades. Good knife all around. When hunting I carry a Buck 110 folder or an old, old Schrade Uncle Henry Bear Paw.

You don't carry a sling or lawn mower blade?.....uuuh huh

I just got it. Good one!

lol Since you got something I did not, that made me look a little closer. Now I get it also :lol: :lol:

That was a weird movie, kept me on the edge of my seat. Billy Bob was amazing in it, all through the movie I kept wondering if that was really him or not.

dj":4s5ufyt6 said:
aplusmnt":4s5ufyt6 said:
I was in Joplin MO today city of about 50,000 people stopped at some Gun shops and sporting good stores and could not find one Case Knife in the whole town. Found some of the Bucks and Uncle Henry, but no Case knives, not even any used ones. Are these things like buying a Ferrari or something you have to go to the big cities to find them?

I heard of maybe one place that might have them it is a cutlery store that sales up scale kitchen knives and stuff like that, but they were closed.

Anyone heard of a Rooster knife? had a picture of a rooster on the blade were the name is usually. It was a nice little knife, looked like a lock blade but was not. Seemed really well built, it was used at a pawn shop. It really stood out to me as a quality knife but I had never heard of one. It was like $70.00 used.

Hen and Rooster maybe?
http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_make ... nives.html

Thanks for the site, yep that is the knife, they have the exact knife for $395.00 maybe I should check that one out again for $70.00.

php1krkRj_550-.75x550_85192.jpg

http://www.agrussell.com/knives/by_make ... carta.html

$400 for a pocket knife? no thanks Like Caustic said, it's a tool and if you take good care of your tools and value quality $100 might not be that bad, but if you tend to loose things or break them, that $5 chinese job is fine. I have several a couple good ones and a couple cheapos. one of my cheapos is a REALLY cheap knockoff of a small swiss army knife, but it has the absolute best pair of tweezers I have ever owned - good for those fine hairs off of prickly pear, even.

Hippie Rancher":2vpng01h said:
$400 for a pocket knife? no thanks Like Caustic said, it's a tool and if you take good care of your tools and value quality $100 might not be that bad, but if you tend to loose things or break them, that $5 chinese job is fine. I have several a couple good ones and a couple cheapos. one of my cheapos is a REALLY cheap knockoff of a small swiss army knife, but it has the absolute best pair of tweezers I have ever owned - good for those fine hairs off of prickly pear, even.

I lost a knife once. I had a hole in the left pocket and didn't know it. Thank goodness I found it. It took a while.

I keep a pair of Klein side cutters in the door of the truck. I use them about every day and they go right back to the keeping spot. I bought them in '78. They are a must tool for me.

Anyway, I always know where my knife and Kleins are.

Hippie Rancher":2vc7t1vb said:

I doubt I would give $400 for a knife that is a tool. I might as a collectible but not this knife above since I do not know much about it. But I probably will give $70.00 If I find it is really a good deal. I do not pass up on many collectibles if they are worth their asking price and fit in the Genre of things I like. That is why I own a Belgian Made Browning Auto 5, don't want to hunt with it, just seemed right to own one.

aplusmnt":3azkntf2 said:
That is why I own a Belgian Made Browning Auto 5, don't want to hunt with it, just seemed right to own one.

I own several. Only one thats never been shot is the one made the first year the sweet sixteen was made in Japan. They quit making them for a while.

Great guns.

Like my model 12's too. Got 3 20,16, and 12 guage. Youngest one is from the 50's.

Wewild":12n95h1g said:
aplusmnt":12n95h1g said:
That is why I own a Belgian Made Browning Auto 5, don't want to hunt with it, just seemed right to own one.

I own several. Only one thats never been shot is the one made the first year the sweet sixteen was made in Japan. They quit making them for a while.

Great guns.

Like my model 12's too. Got 3 20,16, and 12 guage. Youngest one is from the 50's.

I have an A-5 made in St Louis got I think every older model 12 and 97 Winchester Shotgun made with the exception of the Model 11.

Caustic Burno":3bsg0gv1 said:
Wewild":3bsg0gv1 said:
aplusmnt":3bsg0gv1 said:

Great guns.

I have an A-5 made in St Louis got I think every older model 12 and 97 Winchester Shotgun made with the exception of the Model 11.

Nice on the St. Louis model. Love the 97's but don't have one.

Was the model 11 a knock off of the Browning?

I got a model 25 though it's not my favorite.

2 of my Model 12's are chambered for 2 1/2 in. All handed down through the family.

This link and the fact my 8 year old had some money burning a whole in his pocket and one of the things he wanted to look at was Pocket Knives. Sent me looking at some different knives and especially some of the ones listed on here.

At the end of the day I ended up with one of the Sowbelly's that Caustic mentioned. One of the best made knives I have ever saw, could only find one dealer in the 4 state area that had them, but thanks to ebay got one I really like.

If Caustic keeps being right about stuff, I might even stop petting them cows and give up my welfare check. ;-) :lol:

Wewild":cathp26g said:
Caustic Burno":cathp26g said:
Wewild":cathp26g said:
aplusmnt":cathp26g said:

Great guns.

Nice on the St. Louis model. Love the 97's but don't have one.

Was the model 11 a knock off of the Browning?

I got a model 25 though it's not my favorite.

2 of my Model 12's are chambered for 2 1/2 in. All handed down through the family.

Model 11 was pre Browning was a Browning patten. Old Browning was a gun designer years before he started a gun company. The Model 11 Win was nicknamed man killer as it had a knurled barrel that you grabed and pulled back to load a round.

aplusmnt":2bnht80h said:
This link and the fact my 8 year old had some money burning a whole in his pocket and one of the things he wanted to look at was Pocket Knives. Sent me looking at some different knives and especially some of the ones listed on here.

At the end of the day I ended up with one of the Sowbelly's that Caustic mentioned. One of the best made knives I have ever saw, could only find one dealer in the 4 state area that had them, but thanks to ebay got one I really like.

If Caustic keeps being right about stuff, I might even stop petting them cows and give up my welfare check. ;-) :lol:

Thanks try a Case Tony Bose Saddlehorn.

Caustic Burno":1zk21i90 said:
I always judged the character of a man by the pocket knife he carried.
Wondered what you carry in your pocket?
I think in the "old days" a man with a dull knife would be considered lazy since everyone needed a sharp knife for work. My Grandfather always kept a razor sharp knife. He used a kabar stockman and that is what I use today. My son bought a Kershaw the other day.It's a pretty neat knife,just press a button and the blade pops open.