PM's

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisonb

Reaction score
A member mentioned something about moderators being able to read PM's yesterday, that sort of frightened me...I immediately started thinking of the PM's I'd sent over the years :shock: :lol2:

As far as I know, they cannot. Only admin or the license owner is able to review PM's on the data base if needed for a legal/safety reasons.

Sure I'm not the only one here that needs confirmation of this...

Mod2, could we please have your input here.

No we /I cannot.
That paranoia was caused by members forwarding their recruitment requests.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
alisonb said:
Thanks...that's reassuring :D

Whew, our secrets are safe and you won't have to delete those pictures I sent you.

It's not the pictures you sent me but my comments on your pictures that worried me :lol2:

I just want to know what it takes to get a recruitment PM

In the end, private messages on any board, are NEVER private.

Someone other than the author and the recipient can always access them.

Never forget that.

Cheers.

Further to my last - no matter what you write on any topic - once it hits the internet - that comment can be tracked right back to your door when the correct tracing technology is utilized.

So if you are concerned you should, at a minimum, use some type of VPN (Virtual Private Network).

It costs little and you can be seen to be writing from South America or any other part of the world, rather than your home in xxx.

I know people that are behind several of them hooked in sequence.

Cheers.

You can bet your life the PM right after the one from bball, that Mod2 sent, said they'd been reading PM and I was one of the people that got caught in the trap. I'm 100% sure Mod2 was reading PM between some members. I got no dog in the fight and it's common knowledge that I don't like one of the Mod2's. Mod2 just deletes what shouldn't of been said in the first place, there's no reason for me to lie or delete a post. I've done absolutely nothing wrong besides call a spade a spade when I see one.

True Grit Farms said:

You can bet your life the PM right after the one from bball, that Mod2 sent, said they'd been reading PM and I was one of the people that got caught in the trap. I'm 100% sure Mod2 was reading PM between some members. I got no dog in the fight and it's common knowledge that I don't like one of the Mod2's. Mod2 just deletes what shouldn't of been said in the first place, there's no reason for me to lie or delete a post. I've done absolutely nothing wrong besides call a spade a spade when I see one.

No I just mailed you the bait, you forwarded it to your little clique and it came back verbatim from one of your confidential informants. That informant only had four usernames. Paranoia is a powerful resource.
All I had to do was open my inbox. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts