PM's

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
Thanks to those who sent me the positive PM's regarding the 'Population' thread, it's great to know I have friends out 'there', intelligent folk that think a little further. There were some positive comments on the thread as well. :D

Would also like to say that my post was not intended to be negative but merely to provoke thought and civil discussion. As long as I've been a member on this board I don't think I have ever criticized USA. As I said in my post, it is a great country that has lead by example. Have called a spade a spade though. I hope the population(citizens) and it's leaders can continue to keep it that way.

Alison, don't worry about anything stated on this forum. Keep in mind, it is a bunch of usernames going on about non-sense 99% of the time. And I especially include myself.

This forum is entertainment. As a by-product, you get info and learn a few things. We could do that elsewhere. I doubt this forum has saved a cow or calf and probably made no one any money. But I enjoy it. When I can't be with my cows which I prefer to my good friends here, I can sit here, have a glass of wine and laugh at the funny stuff I read.

Take care. I like Hook too, so you guys be good.

alisonb":330m0knm said:
Thanks to those who sent me the positive PM's regarding the 'Population' thread, it's great to know I have friends out 'there', intelligent folk that think a little further. There were some positive comments on the thread as well. :D

Would also like to say that my post was not intended to be negative but merely to provoke thought and civil discussion. As long as I've been a member on this board I don't think I have ever criticized USA. As I said in my post, it is a great country that has lead by example. Have called a spade a spade though. I hope the population(citizens) and it's leaders can continue to keep it that way.

I read the thread and didn't find it offense. You always present yourself as a very polite individual. Realize it's just me, as we enjoy freedom of speech, but often cringe at some the statements made about our country by American citizens on here. I just give everyone the benefit of doubt and blame it on the weather.

fitz

It had little if anything to do with what you posted. Just an excuse to flame you for being perceived to be on the wrong side of an issue...Sorry!

3waycross":3b1hiwlj said:
It had little if anything to do with what you posted. Just an excuse to flame you for being perceived to be on the wrong side of an issue...Sorry!
Thank you for your input Reverend.

3waycross":1foim1yk said:
Anyone that can read knows that's not accurate.
But, if we can all keep things above board and civil I'm up for that. We don't all have to agree all the time, or even like each others perceived personalities. But it doesn't do any good to go off on a rant against someone. Or even make little digs. There's a hide function on the board for a reason.

inyati13":2zixnuny said:
... I doubt this forum has saved a cow or calf and probably made no one any money. ...

Really? I think that you are wrong about that. I can honestly tell you that some of the guys here have helped me in the past.

How about a round of applause for all the folks that didn't send any pms and don't have a clue what all this about? :clap:

chippie":1bxi97nb said:
inyati13":1bxi97nb said:
... I doubt this forum has saved a cow or calf and probably made no one any money. ...
Really? I think that you are wrong about that. I can honestly tell you that some of the guys here have helped me in the past.
Yeah, he's wrong.

Been staying out of this due to the fact that I had no dog in the fight but I have to agree with Chippie. I have found several members on here to be very helpful when asked a specific question.

In the interest of fairness, I should say that I have also found a couple of members to be very unfriendly as well.

I have to agree, I have been helped many times on here. No one knows everything, no one! I once asked Dun to name all world leaders who had ever been in power and he missed one.

melking":1ppu0wsq said:
In the interest of fairness, I should say that I have also found a couple of members to be very unfriendly as well.
Fairness, that's what I'm getting at! How about a round of applause for all the folks that didn't send any pms and don't have a clue what all this about? :clap:

I didn't send any pms and I didn't get any pms and I do not know what is going on.
But the board has helped me several times.

I would never have known about Dun's barrel mineral feeders without it or Jakes fence tighteners etc...

Also I almost forgot, right after I found this place I made a post about putting out flyblocks and mentioned that I had let my cows run out of minerals for a few days.

CB promptly told me how stupid I was to let me cows run out of minerals in the spring. Kind of hurt my feelings, but he was right :oops:

Ill send you a pm if you want gp. In fairness and all.
I've learned dang near everything I know about cows from these boards. Including some good advice from 3way and Alison. And I've met some great people in person because of these boards. I may not always come across the right way, but when I intend to make a point there will be no bones about it.

Latest posts