please tear up this bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Cypress, didn't mean to get your dander up so I'd better clarify somethin. It wasn't you who said feeding was needed to develop breeding bulls, someone else posted that comment somewhere in these 3 pages, so I should have replied with their line as a quote. Sorry bout that. I was directing my comment at them. Quality DOES need to be bred on, not fed on, but I think YOU AND I agree on that.

As for the 700lbs, I thought you said that was his 10 month weight? Sorry, I guess I misunderstood ya. If he weaned around 200 days or so at 700lbs, that's darn good. Especially if his momma weighs 1400 or less. But there's a big difference between 200 days (6.5 months) and 10 months ( 300 days), so if I offended ya, I apologize.

BTW, wanna sell that Red bull with the long hair? :p :p I like his antlers. ;-)

cypressfarms":xp8reekq said:
Bull's sire

bulls moma

Still don't know why he don't look better

Cypress....nice bull and cow. Do you sell semen on the bull? And do you have any embryo's frozen you might part with from the cow? :lol:

aplusmnt":g66ablrx said:
cypressfarms":g66ablrx said:
Bull's sire

bulls moma

Cypress....nice bull and cow. Do you sell semen on the bull? And do you have any embryo's frozen you might part with from the cow? :lol:

Weird that you mention it. We just flushed the cow last night and got 60 good ones. She sure is putting them out since we fattened her up. We're gonna fertilize them with the bull pictured first on this thread (her son) to develop a strong linebreeding system.

Sorry to say, but the sire has departed from this earth; at least his soul. The rest of him is at Wendy's. Still have many capsules of semen, though, but most are being sucked up by sheep breeders wanting to improve their wool production.

cypressfarms":htpv2nju said:
aplusmnt":htpv2nju said:
cypressfarms":htpv2nju said:
Bull's sire

bulls moma

Weird that you mention it. We just flushed the cow last night and got 60 good ones. She sure is putting them out since we fattened her up. We're gonna fertilize them with the bull pictured first on this thread (her son) to develop a strong linebreeding system.

Sorry to say, but the sire has departed from this earth; at least his soul. The rest of him is at Wendy's. Still have many capsules of semen, though, but most are being sucked up by sheep breeders wanting to improve their wool production.

:D :D :D

purecountry":3hvt6yzh said:
Cypress, didn't mean to get your dander up so I'd better clarify somethin. It wasn't you who said feeding was needed to develop breeding bulls, someone else posted that comment somewhere in these 3 pages, so I should have replied with their line as a quote. Sorry bout that. I was directing my comment at them. Quality DOES need to be bred on, not fed on, but I think YOU AND I agree on that.

As for the 700lbs, I thought you said that was his 10 month weight? Sorry, I guess I misunderstood ya. If he weaned around 200 days or so at 700lbs, that's darn good. Especially if his momma weighs 1400 or less. But there's a big difference between 200 days (6.5 months) and 10 months ( 300 days), so if I offended ya, I apologize.

BTW, wanna sell that Red bull with the long hair? :p :p I like his antlers. ;-)

PC, this was the statement that got my goat:

"You are not going to improve anything cypress with an average mediocre calf. Period. This is not My Humble Opinion, this is FACT. There's better ones out there, go find one. Breed the best, cut the rest."

I don't go looking for fights on the board, but I don't back off either. The bull was 700 lbs at 7 months old. He is 10 months old now. He has looked worse, the older he has gotten.

Now about the above statement: Saying things like this will not make you any friends. Do you think that I don't realize how to improve cattle? Your humble opinion or fact, it doesn't matter. Don't presume things about me, and I won't presume things about you.

Having said that, no harm no foul. Let's have a drink and laugh about it later.

Latest posts