please tear up this bull

Help Support CattleToday:

cypressfarms

Reaction score
Hi,

Just thought I'd get some comments on this bull. What do you think?

flash1.jpg

flash3.jpg

flash2.jpg

I'll make it as quick and painless as possible as I'm tryin to get out the door.....if he were any shallower in the heart girth or flatter muscled, I'd say he'd make a better window than a door. Sorry cypress, he's just got nothin' to him. 'Course he's a calf and all ( I'm assuming anyway), but a herd bull prospect ought to have some substance to them at any age. JMHO.

Needs some groceries, nice fronted bull, got a lot of length, would of course, like to see more depth and quarter but the proof is in his calves.

Big head lol.

Looks like he's gonna tip over forward cause he aint got enough weight in the rear to hold his head up.

He's too young to tell, but does not look promising for several reasons, chiefly being that it looks like a hydrogen bomb just detonated a mile or so behind him.

He's in a small pasture where he's getting feed every day (about 5 lbs.) and ryegrass and free choice hay. I thought I would see how he turns out after a little while on feed.

We all have duds, just haven't made my mind up about this one yet.

Keep the rips coming though. don't hold back!

I'm like Crowder. The head is the first thing I noticed. And I agree with MikeC about the feed. He'll look better, but won't be any better.

cypressfarms":2o5pkum1 said:
SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":2o5pkum1 said:
How old is he? What was his weaning/yearling weights? :cboy:

700 lbs ww, hasn't made a year yet. He's about 10 months old

He's gonna be a pretty big boy then. I tell you what Cypress, I have seen people use a helluva lot worse bulls. But what would you be breeding him to? He's pretty leggy.

MikeC":14534660 said:
cypressfarms":14534660 said:
SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":14534660 said:

He's gonna be a pretty big boy then. I tell you what Cypress, I have seen people use a helluva lot worse bulls. But what would you be breeding him to? He's pretty leggy.

Not sure that I'm gonna keep him, but I'm trying to move my herd more to the angus plus type, maybe even a few more beefmasters. Thought that the double black 80% angus would help produce more sought after calves. He does have a watermelon head, no doubt. If he turns out was planning on putting him on some brangus, black baldies, or beefmaster cows. He's in a growth spurt now. I brought him to the front and feed him every day a stocker grower (14%) feed. I guess we'll see. Right now, he's just at the project stage.

cypressfarms":195y8kq8 said:
MikeC":195y8kq8 said:
cypressfarms":195y8kq8 said:
SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":195y8kq8 said:

Not sure that I'm gonna keep him, but I'm trying to move my herd more to the angus plus type, maybe even a few more beefmasters. Thought that the double black 80% angus would help produce more sought after calves. He does have a watermelon head, no doubt. If he turns out was planning on putting him on some brangus, black baldies, or beefmaster cows. He's in a growth spurt now. I brought him to the front and feed him every day a stocker grower (14%) feed. I guess we'll see. Right now, he's just at the project stage.

The only way you'll ever know for sure is to have some calves from him. I think I would be giving him more than 5 lbs of feed too.

lcupit":z4gyoakc said:
Cypress I agree with MikeC he needs more than 5 lbs. of feed to make him pop.

I was thinking about doubling it, or maybe even go to 15 lbs. Just can't seem to make up my mind about him.

Latest posts