Please Pray For Them

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Our entire community is in shock right now. Did not get much sleep last night due to crying.
We lost our vets 17 year old son. this is the younger brother to the young lady that always bought steers from us for 4-H. My daughter bought 4-H lambs from him and showed with him.

Just feeling plain numb right now.

Everyone is rallying around them. Just cannot seem to catch a break. The Mom is in remission from Breast cancer.
Said they have enough food to feed them for a year. Store owners asked us to get some stuff together for them. Got a bunch of basic stuff. Asked them to call us if they need anything.

It was suicide. Seems like there is one every single year for the last 10 years.

i remember you tal;king of that vet an his family often on here.that is a very sad an heartbreaking thing for them to go through.yall are in my thoughts an prayers.

There are no words that can offer comfort . You are all in my thoughts and prayers . Hugs :heart:

We are losing our promising future to mental illness . It is becoming all too familiar to hear about a young youth, man/woman taking their own loves and not knowing at the time how much pain they have been in and were going through before that fateful decision is made and impacts so very many lives .

We need to change this , we must change things .

16 years ago the son of a very close friend of mine committed suicide. He was 14 at the time. Within days of the same age as my youngest son. I know first hand the affects of this on the entire family. They are certainly in my prayers.

Thank you everyone.

I called them and their daughter answered. I did not know she was back from college. We talked for awhile. She said they had enough food to feed them for a year. Neighbors and friends had been stopping by and calling. Told them to call if they needed anything. They are proud people and it is hard for them to ask for help.

They are having a hard time and we are worried about them all.
All I could do was tell them how sorry I was.

BB I have talked about them before. we really love them all. I guess that is why it shocked everyone. Heard they had grief counselars at school yesterday.

Hubby called and talked to the Dad and was told there is a memorial set for Saturday at 2pm. It is tentative. Might have to move it from where they plan it. Not sure it will be big enough.

I'm betting a lot of businesses are going to be closed. School is done on Friday.

This tragedy is truly heart breaking. I will always wonder what problem is so severe that a child would do such a thing. Our prayers are with this young man and his family.

It was a nice memorial. His aunt played the fiddle. A neighbor played the harp. They asked anyone who wanted to to stand up and talk about our favorite memory. There was a lot of laughs and a lot of tears.
Both his folks had poems read. One his Mom had found and one his Dad wrote. Everyone was in tears afterwards it was so touching.

I keep looking for him to come walking in the store.

Latest posts