Please Help!

Help Support CattleToday:

txshowmom":dp0u7bwc said:
And no showmom. They are not ALL crosses.

I should have said MOST of them are.

Maybe it's a good thing that that little error was clarrified before some new showkids would get totally confused.
I would hate for some well meaning 4 H'er or FFA'er to miss out on a good straightbred Angus or Hereford steer because it wasn't a crossbred.

txshowmom":w0l0k6rx said:
Thats not at all what I meant. I don't like some of the things that happen at the shows but there is not a darn think I can do to change it. .
Why can't you do anything about it. Doesn't the local school board have anything to say about what goes on at the 4-H/FFA shows.

I am refering to the major shows not the local county shows. We don't have that problem in our county but I am sure some do.

la4angus":2bcltko4 said:
txshowmom":2bcltko4 said:
Thats not at all what I meant. I don't like some of the things that happen at the shows but there is not a darn think I can do to change it. .
Why can't you do anything about it. Doesn't the local school board have anything to say about what goes on at the 4-H/FFA shows.

You learn a little more everyday.

don't have that problem in our county but I am sure some do.

Before someone says "you don;t have that problem because you always win your county show" let me just say for the record we have NEVER won our county show...........................yet.

txshowmom":3v4wxir8 said:
don't have that problem in our county but I am sure some do.

Before someone says "you don;t have that problem because you always win your county show" let me just say for the record we have NEVER won our county show...........................yet.

Just for the record, what shows have your kids won.

Are you wanting to konow about steers or heifers, because I was talking about steers.

They have won overall heifer at several prospect and have won our county show with heifers several times. They "usually" win atleast 1 breed champion at evey prospect show we go to with their steers. We have yet to win overall with the steers at any show. We have been to the San Antonio and Houston 3 times and made the sale all but once. Never won and "major show" overall with heifers....but we arn't finished yet!

txshowmom":2sb284vn said:
They have won overall heifer at several prospect and have won our county show with heifers several times. They "usually" win atleast 1 breed champion at evey prospect show we go to with their steers. We have yet to win overall with the steers at any show. We have been to the San Antonio and Houston 3 times and made the sale all but once. Never won and "major show" overall with heifers....but we arn't finished yet!

no offense, showmom, because it sounds like your kids are doing pretty well, but i would expect a little better results out of $16,000 avg bulls.

no offense, showmom, because it sounds like your kids are doing pretty well, but i would expect a little better results out of $16,000 avg bulls.

You asked about my kids not the ranch. We have a show string with proffecionals that travle all over the US and yes THEY are kicking butt.

Latest posts