please help us in the survey of our course project

Help Support CattleToday:

leochen

Reaction score
Hello , everyone!

I am a marketing major graduate student of University of Texas at Dallas and I am doing a project with my group in our New Product course. We are planning a new product in the agriculture which is managing the cattle. One of our steps is to construct a survey of our new thing. We just want the professional person like you to help us to finish the survey. We will treat your answers as the best sources which our group is gonna consider in our future steps. Thank you very much!

here is the survey link:https://utdallas.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_01hwM1rBB08Hwb3

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Leo Chen

leochen":2p1dbnjg said:
Hello , everyone!

I am a marketing major graduate student of University of Texas at Dallas and I am doing a project with my group in our New Product course. We are planning a new product in the agriculture which is managing the cattle. One of our steps is to construct a survey of our new thing. We just want the professional person like you to help us to finish the survey. We will treat your answers as the best sources which our group is gonna consider in our future steps. Thank you very much!

here is the survey link:https://utdallas.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_01hwM1rBB08Hwb3

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Leo Chen

Leo

I would be considered a very old and uneducated man in your eyes. However the way you have written this request annoys me. I do not have even one quarter of your expensive and high class education.

There may be some here who will not like what I am about to state. It is imperative that when you deal with the public - and especially at your level - your grammar is correct.

To cheapen the language is to show (at least to me) that your efforts may be misrepresented once the "study" is completed.

Please go back and correct the mistakes. It makes you look like a trifler when you do not maintain or present professional writing skills in a situation like this.

I will post this on "the other site" as well.

My best

Bez

leochen":2r7onvgg said:
Hello , everyone!

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Leo Chen

I don't cut & paste into my address line, so here is a link (removed)

OK, after testing the link and reading the survey, I agree with a previous poster about smelling a rat. So I removed the link. I was going to accept some poorly written questions, and attribute them to someone whose native language is not English. But they are accepting non-farmers responses in this survey along with cattlemans responses. What kind of survey is that?! If you want to know about cattle, you ask the person who has them, not someone who drives by a farm and sees the pretty baby calf out in the knee deep grass in the spring and then the same calf in knee deep snow 7 months later and says 'poor baby'.

Survey can't be real. I mean even a college kid that has never seen a farm can ask better questions than that. How many guys are over 10,000 head in the country? Who wants to know pulse/heart rate/blood pressure? If theres no heartbeat they are dead end of story. The questions about checking you cattle are all the same answer. The answers are all related and so they all share that same importance. If its a quick check it convenient, cheap, easy, etc. I mean if you dont see your cattle for months then I doubt you are in the type of country that would be conducive to using something that requires a a radio frequency. I hope this isnt serious otherwise kids are dumber than I thought. The rat has a name I think.

I think the survey is real but I do think that it was written by a student whose English is a second language. They are fairly good at it for a young, non-native speaker but still struggle with aspects of it. The grammar in the post and at the end of the survey is very much like a young college student. 99% of them text as a way of communication and you can see how that bleeds over into their writing. I also believe that this group of students are working on a course project in which they have very little or no experience with........especially the agricultural part. I am guessing they are not ag students but marketing students and they were handed a product to market. Not being familiar with the business of their target buyers they really do not know which questions to ask or how to ask them. The bad thing is their professor probably doesn't know either and will give them a good grade even though the research data will be skewed and wrong. Especially if you allow non-livestock producers to take the survey........it really skews the results from what is reality. Just my :2cents:

shadyhollownj":27zqf0mq said:
Survey can't be real. I mean even a college kid that has never seen a farm can ask better questions than that. How many guys are over 10,000 head in the country? Who wants to know pulse/heart rate/blood pressure? If theres no heartbeat they are dead end of story. The questions about checking you cattle are all the same answer. The answers are all related and so they all share that same importance. If its a quick check it convenient, cheap, easy, etc. I mean if you dont see your cattle for months then I doubt you are in the type of country that would be conducive to using something that requires a a radio frequency. I hope this isnt serious otherwise kids are dumber than I thought. The rat has a name I think.

This will be my 2nd year hosting a plant science class from a University. Coming out to my place is a lab for studying plant/animal interaction through grazing and other diversity.

Never over estimate a college students knowledge of how food is raised!

UT-Dallas offers no ag classes so it is probably a marketing class. Hoss pretty much summed up what is happening. My guess is that "their project" is aimed at the feedyard industry (the numbers of animals suggest this).

My answer would be NO! Get off your butts and go out and roll around in some real BS instead of the crap they are shoving down your throats in you classes. Maybe a little real world experience will make a difference in how you percieve the world a few years from now.

Latest posts