Pistol you want

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
What with CB's pistol survey,it got me thinking of pistol's and rifles I would like to have.
I have been looking at and wanting The S&W model 500 50 cal Mag.5round cylinder double action.
Now I really dont need this cannon,but man, just to think about one of the most powerful hand guns in my collection does something to me.
A 440 grain round spinning out of an 8 in barrel at 1625 fps and packing a walloping blow of 2580 ft lbs of energy.Now that is just awsome.
Probably be a pretty hefty blow to the wrist also.
However having said all this I just can't seem to want it bad enough to spend that kind of money on.(yet) :lol:
What is some of y'alls wants of guns but cant justify the money?
I'm Pretty sure I'm not the only gun nut with a wish list. :lol2:

Cal

I am wanting that Bond Arms .45/410 pistol. Also saw one from Taurus.

Probably want one in Stainless. Mostly it is to carry for snakes in the river when I am trot lining.

Got practically everything else.

Guns and women have two things in common, there expensive and some are better than others. On my wish list is a Ed Brown, Kobra Carry LW.

I like antiques so the top of my list is a Harpers Ferry flintlock pistol or a Smith & Wesson Perfect Model .22 sigle shot target pistol.

backhoeboogie":3nnx216t said:
I am wanting that Bond Arms .45/410 pistol. Also saw one from Taurus.

Probably want one in Stainless. Mostly it is to carry for snakes in the river when I am trot lining.

Got practically everything else.
Got it. It's sure handy...

I want a Henry western style lever action .22.

While I don't have a bunch of hand guns, I do have what I want, 357 with a lazer sight, the Judge, and a 9mm and the one eveyone has had at one time the old Ruger .22 six shooter ...... So Santa, next I guess I would like to have a semi-auto .22 so I can blast away at low cost.

Alan

I wish I had half of the old Colt Frontier Scout 22s I had over the years. Or maybe a newer version of the Service Ace. I sold mine because it was worth too much money to shoot and take a chance on breaking something on it.

My wife has the Taurus Judge with Laser Sites. She's 5' 2", small muscular hands. No problem with the .45 Long Colt or .410 shells. With my "old, weak hands", it's little too much for me to do more than 1 shot...lol.

I won't say what I have...security issues..lol...but smallest is 9 mm SA. I don't care for "six shooters" myself.

As far as the .22 guys are concerned, plink if you want. However, PRACTICE with your serious handgun. A .22 isn't much impact for any kind of nasty predator...

For those that want a .44 Mag or the .50 cannon...good luck! Hope you have strong hands & arm and don't need to do a LOT of practice! :) Unless you're into pain... LOL!

Running Arrow Bill":1xdaxf4w said:
As far as the .22 guys are concerned, plink if you want. However, PRACTICE with your serious handgun. A .22 isn't much impact for any kind of nasty predator...

For those that want a .44 Mag or the .50 cannon...good luck! Hope you have strong hands & arm and don't need to do a LOT of practice! :) Unless you're into pain... LOL!

While I agree to practice with a protection type hand guns, sometimes it's just fun to blast off quick, fast rounds into a dirt bank, pop can, mud puddle. I have a Ruger 10/22 with a few 35 round clips ... sometimes it make me feel like a dumb a$$ kid to shoot like that, only with a brain and experience.

From my cold dead hands!
Alan

That is why I don't shoot my .22 on steroids too much(.223 Bushmaster). Hard to not rapid fire and blow through a box of ammo in seconds. I am mostly shooting at woodchucks in the summer and I kinda miss all the plinking with a .22 I used to do.

dun":2os4i7eq said:
I wish I had half of the old Colt Frontier Scout 22s I had over the years. Or maybe a newer version of the Service Ace. I sold mine because it was worth too much money to shoot and take a chance on breaking something on it.

I have owned a pile of SA Colt 22s through the years, good little guns. A friend picked up a Colt SA peacemaker 22 at the gun show, beautiful color case & blue. About 95% gun, no box but nice.
I gave my last Colt New Frontier 22 to my son as a Christmas present a couple of years back.

I'm thinking about getting a Glock 45 acp, i know their ugly but reliable. O, did i say how ugly they are. :lol:

Ruger model A, the rolling block single shot.
A couple of the brass Henrys
A m-1 grand
Anything COLT , rifle,shotgun or handgun, All the snake pistols

I'd like to have a S&W M&P40, they just feel "right" every time I pick one up. That being said, I've never owned a semi-auto centerfire pistol. I love my revolvers, they're kind of like me - plain and simple.

cfpinz":3tvyupfb said:
I'd like to have a S&W M&P40, they just feel "right" every time I pick one up. That being said, I've never owned a semi-auto centerfire pistol. I love my revolvers, they're kind of like me - plain and simple.
Especially the SIMPLE

Latest posts