Pistol you want

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":16gt7lko said:
cfpinz":16gt7lko said:
I'd like to have a S&W M&P40, they just feel "right" every time I pick one up. That being said, I've never owned a semi-auto centerfire pistol. I love my revolvers, they're kind of like me - plain and simple.
Especially the SIMPLE

Being easily entertained has it's advantages.

By the way, where'd you get the new avatar pic? Kind of reminds me of the south end of a northbound sheep.

I have all the pistols & revolvers I need, (or don't need) but I realy realy want the new Taurus Circuit Judge. No need, just want. There is just somthing about an 18" revolving 45/410 carbine that I find sexy.

not a pistol, but i've always wanted SAKO model 78; don't know where i'd find one now though. probably go to the great beyond before i find one...

tsmaxx47":2srqdf7i said:
not a pistol, but i've always wanted SAKO model 78; don't know where i'd find one now though. probably go to the great beyond before i find one...

Try the Tulsa gun show, April 2 & 3, over 3000 tables. I,m sure some will be there. Also take a look at these ,
AuctionArms
Gunbroker
Gunsamerica

second thought I think I might like to qwn this pistol.

Colt walker was sold at auction for $920,000.Highest price ever sold in the USA and belived to be highest in the world.

jamesdjulia.com/firearms.asp

Cal

I met a guy at the gun range in Lakeland, Fl that had a Taurus Lightening, pump action .45LC with an octoganal 20" barrel. That gun was too much fun to shoot! I thought it'd make an awesome little brush gun for whitetail or hogs. It comes also in the .44mag and I think that if I bought one for myself I'd get the .44mag version to hunt with.

New to the board ! I have a Sig Sauer 45 ACP that I'm concidering replacing with a S&W 327 magnum. 45 has a lil to much recoil for me at this age,Think'n a 327 mag might be a lil better for a house gun.

Ft Stockton":3s2680h7 said:
New to the board ! I have a Sig Sauer 45 ACP that I'm concidering replacing with a S&W 327 magnum. 45 has a lil to much recoil for me at this age,Think'n a 327 mag might be a lil better for a house gun.
If a 45 is too much a 357 will be even moreso. The only advantage to the 357 is you can shoot 38s in it. Why not look at a 9mm or better yet a 40S&W.

dun":2i1f7lnj said:
Ft Stockton":2i1f7lnj said:
If a 45 is too much a 357 will be even moreso. The only advantage to the 357 is you can shoot 38s in it. Why not look at a 9mm or better yet a 40S&W.

Here is a chart that you can look at you one shot stoping power.
http://www.handloads.com/misc/stoppingp ... Weight=All

Caustic Burno":xhyt7qha said:
dun":xhyt7qha said:
Ft Stockton":xhyt7qha said:

http://www.handloads.com/misc/stoppingp ... Weight=All
Stopping power doesn;t do squat if the recoil is too much for the shooter.

http://www.handloads.com/misc/stoppingp ... Weight=All[/quote]
Stopping power doesn;t do squat if the recoil is too much for the shooter.[/quote]

Didn't say it did was just a chart to look at the available rounds in different calibers a 380 with the right ammo has more stopping power than 45ACP ball ammo. The 38 super in a 1911 has mild recoil and great stopping power.
http://38super.net/Pages/comparisons.html

I'd love to have a judge for everyday wear. But first I need to clear some space in my safe. Get rid of what I don't use anymore. First things first.

gimpyrancher":9r147lvk said:
I'd love to have a judge for everyday wear. But first I need to clear some space in my safe. Get rid of what I don't use anymore. First things first.
I'm sure that's gonna happen

There's a reason most police issue weapons are either 9mm or .40. Recoil vs stopping power is a huge consideration as is price of ammo and gvt contract prices on the weapon itself.

hooknline":3u3ssj3h said:
There's a reason most police issue weapons are either 9mm or .40. Recoil vs stopping power is a huge consideration as is price of ammo and gvt contract prices on the weapon itself.

Lot of truth in that statement I would rather hit once with a 22 than miss with a 44 mag.
With today's ammo you can find a very effective self defense load in most calibers using Speer Gold Dot or Corbon.
Always prefered 44 special in a wheel gun usually carry a 1911 in 9mm,38 super, or 45 ACP for concealed carry.

Latest posts