Pistol or revolver?

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb":2q30ebzi said:
There is more than one way to skin a cat :D , am writing my competency test for shotgun license next week, I already have license for self defense weapon(pistol or revolver) so obtaining the Ruger will not be a problem. The Ruger GP100 is hard to come by here but I have ordered one, even the second hand Rugers are scarce - especially the stainless steel version. Am now on the look out for a shot gun, have to see what they have to offer in SA. The license can take a while to be issued :roll: .

Here's a link some of you may find interesting, it also confirms what a lot of you said.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrxkjRXk7m8

Thanks for the advice :D
Alisonb, where you are, do have to do testing for every type of firearm -- pistol? shotgun? rifle?

Yip, check the link I previously posted on our laws, page 2 I think. There is such a back log on license issuing it is ridiculous, most people wait about a year if not longer.

PDF - Thanks, I'll check out the Taurus but must say I have my mind set on that Ruger :D

alisonb":q8b8v3wj said:
Yip, check the link I previously posted on our laws, page 2 I think. There is such a back log on license issuing it is ridiculous, most people wait about a year if not longer.
I didn't look at the link. Am not sure if that is amazing or crazy, having grown up w/ firearms all my life and only needing to pass hunter education to hunt, and get something special to conceal-carry. :roll:

hillbilly beef man":3j05ma3s said:
Caustic Burno":3j05ma3s said:
highgrit":3j05ma3s said:
If you have kids or other people that live in your house, you are a idiot if you shoot buckshot for home defense. Don't know what kind of training this guy has had?? But wanting to be able to shoot through a wall or through a couch is bull.... If you can't see your target don't shoot. And never aim your gun using the front bead. Focus your eyes on your target not on the guns sights, and the gun will follow your eyes to the target. Practice is always good, and a really easy way to practice is by pointing your finger at stuff as you walk around.

I don't know what some of these people have been drinking, don't kid yourself as # 6's will go through wall's as well.
This get's back to most people don't have a clue how a shotgun work's. At 15 to 20' the shot is still with the wad it is virtually a slug.

I can personally vouch that Caustic is spot on. I missed a coyote at 9 ft with a load of 3.5in #4 buck. At very short range a

shot gun has to be aimed, not pointed.
At least hillbilly agrees with me instead of raging me. See my previous post.
Not taking proper aim is how I miss.
When I was a kid I could shoot a .410 from the hip like a pro. Have killed quail in the air (well, at least one) with a hip shot.

Now I have to aim a 12 gauge.

Latest posts