Revolver

Help Support CattleToday:

snoopdog

Reaction score
If you were gonna buy a revolver in .22,for general pest control, what would it be? And explain why.

Smith & Wesson Model 617

This features a full-length underlug, stainless-steel construction with a satin stainless finish and excellent adjustable sights. A 10-shot stainless double-action revolver built on a sturdy K-Frame.
Yes, it looks like an overkill for a .22 but is great for backyard plinking and BBQ. With a 6 inch barrel it was built for serious accuracy.

Smith-Wesson-617.jpg

jltrent said:
Smith & Wesson Model 617

This features a full-length underlug, stainless-steel construction with a satin stainless finish and excellent adjustable sights. A 10-shot stainless double-action revolver built on a sturdy K-Frame.
Yes, it looks like an overkill for a .22 but is great for backyard plinking and BBQ. With a 6 inch barrel it was built for serious accuracy.

Smith-Wesson-617.jpg

Had one in 22 mag failed the IQ test and sold it.

I have a Heritage 6 shot Rough Rider that I carry sometimes checking fence and always carry it when I'm checking my trap line. It comes with both .22 and .22 mag cylinders. So you can shoot .22 S,L,OR or .22WMR. Super easy to change cylinders, just open the loading gate, pull a pin, push the cylinder out, drop the other one in, replace the pin. 30 seconds tops.
It's more accurate than I am.
heritagemfg.com
They have added several configurations to there product line since I bought mine.
I don't think it would be my choice in bear country, but anywhere else it has plenty of whack. I've put down mature cows with mine when I had nothing else with me.

I just got a little single action 5 shot 22/22mag revolver form North american arms.. I wanted something small and light, this fits the bill

jltrent said:
Smith & Wesson Model 617

Smith-Wesson-617.jpg

Hard to beat that one. Taurus has one almost like it with both the 22 and 22 mag cylinder. The heritage mentioned is decent and a heck of a lot cheaper.

Here is a nice .22 that will fit in your pocket and remove easy with the concealed trigger. Should work good for pest control. Your wife will like it too.

CHARTER ARMS PATHFINDER PINK LITE DOUBLE/SINGLE ACTION REVOLVER IN 22 WITH A 2" STAINLESS BARREL, PINK ANODIZED FINISH FRAME, FIXED SIGHTS AND RUBBER GRIPS, COMES WITH A FIRED CASE.

53851_2_67b49b63-322d-4662-a0bf-b33d946febdc_2048x2048.jpg

My revolver for tractor is a Taurus 605 357 stainless loaded with alternating JSP and snake-shot. I have literally washed it with a water hose it had been so full of sand.

I have an H & R model 950 9 shot revolver. A lot less expensive than most others mentioned. It has been a real good gun for me. That was my trapping gun. It has put an end to a ton of critters. There is also a Ruger 22 lr/22 mag that has been mentioned. Somebody lost the 22 lr cylinder so it is just the 22 mag. And the wife's snake gun in similar to the one Nesi showed. Except it is in 22 lr and it has a 2 inch barrel. Handy for her as she can just drop it in her pants pocket.

Dave said:
I have an H & R model 950 9 shot revolver. A lot less expensive than most others mentioned. It has been a real good gun for me. That was my trapping gun. It has put an end to a ton of critters. There is also a Ruger 22 lr/22 mag that has been mentioned. Somebody lost the 22 lr cylinder so it is just the 22 mag. And the wife's snake gun in similar to the one Nesi showed. Except it is in 22 lr and it has a 2 inch barrel. Handy for her as she can just drop it in her pants pocket.
Do you have an amateur radio call sign?

I personally had a heritage rough rider 22, about 15 years ago, and it was a serious piece of junk. I bought it new, and parts would literally come loose constantly. Now, they could be gems now days, I don't know. I carry a ruger bearcat if I want a .22 and a bond arms 410/45 for snakes. I love the bond. I carry it on the farm all the time.

Latest posts