10mm pistol.

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms

Reaction score

I just re sighted my 10mm in with Buffalo Bore 180 gr JHP, 1350 fps and 728 ft lbs of energy. I think I've found what I've been looking for. Lots of power but still easy on the hands. The bonus is, I can hit a pie plate at a 100 yds over 80% of the time.

True Grit Farms said:

I just re sighted my 10mm in with Buffalo Bore 180 gr JHP, 1350 fps and 728 ft lbs of energy. I think I've found what I've been looking for. Lots of power but still easy on the hands. The bonus is, I can hit a pie plate at a 100 yds over 80% of the time.

I like it Grit. Not everyone is a fan of them, and that's understandable, but I love my Glocks. I have a .40 and two .45s. I can shoot them more accurately than any other handgun I've ever shot. Still haven't shot my Christmas present from my wife. Got to do that soon.

JMJ Farms said:
True Grit Farms said:

I like it Grit. Not everyone is a fan of them, and that's understandable, but I love my Glocks. I have a .40 and two .45s. I can shoot them more accurately than any other handgun I've ever shot. Still haven't shot my Christmas present from my wife. Got to do that soon.

Nice pistol, enjoy shooting open sights while you can.

True Grit Farms said:
JMJ Farms said:
True Grit Farms said:

Nice pistol, enjoy shooting open sights while you can.

May not be able to hit the broad side of a barn with it Grit. But I'm pretty decent with those Glocks. This one is gonna have to shoot real sweet to make me like it better. I really really like the Glocks.

I have an older matte finish Charles Daly shotgun. I like it better and shoot it better than any Beretta or Benelli that I own. Probably just because I shot it for so long and got used to it. You and Kenny have got me wanting a 10mm Glock now :bang:

I bought mine to go bear hunting with. Kenny bought his just to have one. He's worst than you for not shooting a new gun. When I get a new gun I stop and shoot it in the driveway. The first time I shot my 10 mm I shot a knot in pinetree and the bullet ricocheted off the ground and into a plastic water tank. We can tear some stuff up around here.

Nice I am a Glock fan also. Mostly .40 cal for me. Hitting a pie plate at 100 yds is nice shooting Tex. IMHO it is a little lite for bear unless your in the hole with them but that does make it more exciting! I prefer .44 and up carry a .480 Ruger most of the time. I have seen them shake off a good .357 hit more than once. Is Kenny gonna get you behind some hounds?

SmokinM said:
Nice I am a Glock fan also. Mostly .40 cal for me. Hitting a pie plate at 100 yds is nice shooting Tex. IMHO it is a little lite for bear unless your in the hole with them but that does make it more exciting! I prefer .44 and up carry a .480 Ruger most of the time. I have seen them shake off a good .357 hit more than once. Is Kenny gonna get you behind some hounds?

I'm hoping so, just another bucket list item. I'm not sure how far I can walk in those hills. Kenny says we can ride around and shoot a bear but that doesn't really interest me.

Ride the truck or jeep until the dogs tree, then walk 100 yds or so and either catch the dogs or shoot the bear. Unless the bear don't cooperate and wants to eat you and the dogs instead.

True Grit Farms said:
Kenny says we can ride around and shoot a bear but that doesn't really interest me.

That is illegal in Tennessee. You can only shoot from a vehicle if it is an ORV, ATV, or golf cart, and...
Is stationary (although the engine may be kept running).

sstterry said:
True Grit Farms said:
Kenny says we can ride around and shoot a bear but that doesn't really interest me.

That is illegal in Tennessee. You can only shoot from a vehicle if it is an ORV, ATV, or golf cart, and...
We have 15,000 acres of previously mined area leased. The old mine roads are what we drive. All the roads are gated so no traffic except us. Game warden doesn't even have a key and doesn't need one.

kenny thomas said:
All the roads are gated so no traffic except us. Game warden doesn't even have a key and doesn't need one.

It's not illegal if you can't get caught :)

Sort of like when I had a crossing dug across a creek and I asked Soil and Conservation about it so I could make sure I was not violating any regulations. The first question they asked was "Can anyone see you?" :lol2:

True Grit Farms said:

40 on steroids. You ever shoot standard 40 just for practice? Cheaper than the 10's.

Heck if KT can get you within 100 yds you won't hardly get winded walking in!! The walk in is never as bad as the drag out! In all seriousness going to a good pack treeing is about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on. Bayed on the ground or in a hole even more so! Deer hunting won't be the same.

SmokinM said:
Heck if KT can get you within 100 yds you won't hardly get winded walking in!! The walk in is never as bad as the drag out! In all seriousness going to a good pack treeing is about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on. Bayed on the ground or in a hole even more so! Deer hunting won't be the same.
Plan a trip down here this fall. You can't kill one without joining the club but you can have a great time anyway.

kenny thomas said:
sstterry said:
True Grit Farms said:

We have 15,000 acres of previously mined area leased. The old mine roads are what we drive. All the roads are gated so no traffic except us. Game warden doesn't even have a key and doesn't need one.
We had a turkey shoot to benefit the sherrif's auxilary a few years ago, fun event. Got to the high power rifle event , from the shooting bench, and a guy wasn't happy with his score, the deputy/game warden called him by name and said "we should have set up a truck door for YOU to shoot from", everybody got tickled.

Kenny gets the bears that hole up. I wouldn't go in a hole after a bear with a shotgun and triple 000. When I come I'm bringing fresh seafood and my cookers. We'll eat good I guarantee that.

Latest posts