Pied/Longhorn Cross Pics

Help Support CattleToday:

KANSAS":903cjn87 said:
WeWild,
If you have to be told then maybe you should re-think what your doing.

I think the bottom line coexists with everything else.

Help this redneck out.

WeWild,
In the past I did not lose money on cattle and didnt make much either. Brought some more recently after a 10 year hiatus and plan on doing the same. I didnt care about the money then, just loved the whole experience. However, now the real pay off is the experience it gives my children. Providing them with responsibility, experiencing mother nature, and good hard work. To me that is worth way more than any check I receive from a sale barn.

KANSAS":2kombnfg said:
WeWild,
In the past I did not lose money on cattle and didnt make much either. Brought some more recently after a 10 year hiatus and plan on doing the same. I didnt care about the money then, just loved the whole experience. However, now the real pay off is the experience it gives my children. Providing them with responsibility, experiencing mother nature, and good hard work. To me that is worth way more than any check I receive from a sale barn.

Well I guess I understand.

You talk with a big stick but swing a switch. We don't do this to lose money as we can't afford it.

Don't talk down the next time and there should be no miss understanding.

KANSAS
DON,T do it!! Between the leanness of a LH and the total lack of marbling in the Pieds you will end up with beef so lean that all you can do is boil it or turn it in to burger with some fat added!!

Once again I believe the Pied breed could bring some much needed pounds of beef to the right situation but it is advisable not to breed them to other lean breeds!!

What big stick? and what little switch?

If you recall I asked for a picture... and got crap in return.. If you dont like what I am saying... then stop posting... and like I said before this all will disappear... You said you dont do this to lose money... I never said I did either, just said I dont care about the money....

Why dont you look around some other posts and see there are a lot of folks in here that have full time jobs and farm on the side. Now do you really think they are farming for money? Or do you think they really love farming?

Kansas "Big Stick"

KANSAS":2xscakzc said:

If you recall I asked for a picture... and got crap in return.. If you dont like what I am saying... then stop posting... and like I said before this all will disappear... You said you dont do this to lose money... I never said I did either, just said I dont care about the money....

Why dont you look around some other posts and see there are a lot of folks in here that have full time jobs and farm on the side. Now do you really think they are farming for money? Or do you think they really love farming?

Kansas "Big Stick"

We didn't talk about that picture.

I like posting and I am here.

KANSAS":2xscakzc said:
WeWild,

I took that to mean that you lose money now. I may be wrong. Caring about money maybe something I need to reconsider as it is what it takes to pay the bills.

Are you speaking to a large farm or a medium farm or a small farm or 1 cow pair?

I'm gona have to call you "switch".

I never said you didnt care about money.... So I guess you won that won.... Hurray for you!!!!!...... Not even sure what you meant by that sweet little argument... but Hurray again.... its all yours....
What I did say was many people dont necessarily farm for the money it brings it, but love to farm in itself..

I could run a little over 100 on one of the farms, the other is in crops. Purchased 21 heifers this fall and plan on doing the same next fall. So I dont know if that is big medium or small to you....

Kansas "Big Stick"

We run a dozen longhorns. Breed them to one of our polled Shorthorn bulls. Get some really nice calves that gain well.
They are very protective momma cows and keep the wolves
and coyotes on the other side of the fence. This year we are retaining some hiefers that will probably be bred to Red Angus.

KANSAS":19pk4d54 said:

Kansas "Big Stick"

if you do not like the answers you are getting then stop asking questions!!
i doubt that there are many if any pic of the cross you requested because of reasons already stated! it is not a very viable cross and anyone who happened to have that cross had it by accident not planned!
gert off your high horse and have a cold drink and settle down

memanpa":1dtxjw3g said:
KANSAS":1dtxjw3g said:

Kansas "Big Stick"

i doubt that there are many if any pic of the cross you requested because of reasons already stated! it is not a very viable cross and anyone who happened to have that cross had it by accident not planned!
:clap:

KANSAS":3iqkif6r said:
I could run a little over 100 on one of the farms, the other is in crops. Purchased 21 heifers this fall and plan on doing the same next fall. So I dont know if that is big medium or small to you....

Kansas "Big Stick"

I'd say if it weren't for if's you would be medium size. As it is your small potatoes. Call me if all 21 heifers make it through calving.

memanpa":248my760 said:
KANSAS":248my760 said:

Kansas "Big Stick"

memanpa called it again.
Great post.
If you are to argue at least argue about something worth talking about???

MD

I agree with memanpa. I don't think I have EVER seen Piedmontese crossed with Texas Longhorns. Crossing the litest muscled beef cows we have with a double muscled bull makes absolutely no sense. I can't say it won't work; because I have never seen it, but it sounds really really bad....IN THEORY.