Pictures of home (dial-up beware...tonnes of pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
I took over 250 pics over the little break I had, tried not to post to many, but as usual, I got a little carried away...sorry folks :oops:

Hope you enjoy them anyway. :)

002-1.jpg

020-3.jpg

013-1.jpg

Snow, snow, and more snow

011.jpg

Old moose antlers up in the old house

025-1.jpg

There's the birds (juncos and sparrows).....

027-1.jpg

...and there's the cat.

032-2.jpg

And he's at it again. :roll:

046-3.jpg

Button's trying to blend in with the rocks

048-3.jpg

Spider's acting like a goof ball playing with a dryed up cow patty

053.jpg

Coyote (??) and kitty cat tracks

056.jpg

059.jpg

YAY the snow is going! :banana:

063.jpg

This is what Spider looks like when I just got him up from a nice cat nap ;-)

067.jpg

And the same with Missy

068.jpg

Close-up of button's face (she's too dozy to even notice :lol: )

087.jpg

Some unique wind chimes

092.jpg

This rock picked up in the field a long time ago looks like it has the USA imprinted on it...at least most of the USA...

105.jpg

Found part of a hornet's nest....at least what's left of it...

114-1.jpg

The best sign I could find (other than the fence) of the remnants of what used to be here...

008-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

I was bored...just wanted to see if I could get some "action" shots

014-4.jpg

015-2.jpg

016-2.jpg

A few new spruce saplings popping up

029-2.jpg

033-2.jpg

I see GREEN!!!! :banana: :banana: :D :D :D

034-2.jpg

Crazy angles making it look like Miss Button is hiding in the grass

040-2.jpg

041-1.jpg

042-2.jpg

043-1.jpg

An ultralight flew over the farm

056-1.jpg

060-1.jpg

Twigs and needles dripping with wet

065-1.jpg

The end of a pinecone

072-2.jpg

Another great optical illusion...they look like legs, but their actually aspen trunks wet from the 8/10ths of an inch of rain we got.

093-1.jpg

Robin on the fence

096-1.jpg

I shot a whole flock of ducks.....with the camera of course

108-2.jpg

109-1.jpg

110-1.jpg

112-1.jpg

The contented face of a sleeping cat

116-1.jpg

I can't believe he can sleep with his paws like that

118-1.jpg

119-1.jpg

Photos of paws

127.jpg

134.jpg

136.jpg

Thousands of Sandhill Cranes on their migration route north flew over the farm....this farm is on the migration route of these birds...the pics that show them all grouped together indicate that they hit a bit of a warm up-draft or bubble that they're resting their wings in. They were sure noisy!

And finally, but not leastly...
151.jpg

A couple pics I got for Xmas hanging up in my room made by an Albertan artist Bernie Brown (if any of you have heard of him).

those are some great pics.thanks for taking time to share them.all that snow gives me the chills.you sure have alot of nice looking cats as well.

bigbull338":1ry80j6o said:
those are some great pics.thanks for taking time to share them.all that snow gives me the chills.you sure have alot of nice looking cats as well.

Yep....Iluv is always talking cattle but I think it's just a hobby. His big money comes from the "cathouse". :lol2: :lol2:

bb thanks it gave me the chills too, its sure nice to step outside without having to put a winter coat on!

TB: :roll: :roll: very funny. I'd probably lose my mind if I had a cathouse instead of having cattle. ;-)

NIce pictures. I hate those people with those flight machines. I was spraying fence and a neighbor guy had one and flew down saw me working and then did a couple more trips I guess just to see who I was and how the job was going. He was pretty low to the ground.

Those are some beautiful pictures of the country and farm. ' People that live in town don't know what they are missing. The cats look so relaxed. Good luck, Tom :cboy:

CH: Thanks. We dont see ultralights around all that often, in fact its kinda rare to have one fly over the farm like that. Airplanes are the thing around here, got a few neighbors with their own airplanes and I see them fly around here lots. FYI, what your neighbor did to you is called, in pilot's jargon, "buzzing" you.

Granny and Tom: Thanks. It's always a treat for me to come out to the farm for a break. I didn't miss not having internet nor the noise of the city at all. And yeah, them cats are sure spoiled. ;-) The black one has been picking on Missy lately so she (missy, the fluffy one aka Button) was sure happy to see me. Mom said that she never purrs for her, when I told her that lil Missy had her motor a roarin' away when I was fussing over her. Spidy too. :)

Great pics as usual IluvABbeef; I especially love the windchimes :p .
Did you guys get that snow storm today as well?
Alberta ,ya gotta love the weather. :roll:
A couple pics I got for Xmas hanging up in my room made by an Albertan artist Bernie Brown (if any of you have heard of him).
Love his work ,looks like you got a couple of beauties by him.

hillsdown":39mw9jgj said:
Great pics as usual IluvABbeef; I especially love the windchimes :p .
Did you guys get that snow storm today as well?
Alberta ,ya gotta love the weather. :roll:
Love his work ,looks like you got a couple of beauties by him.

That snowstorm you folks've been getting lately? Nope! :D ;-) Completely missed us! The snow pics where from that snowstorm that came around a few weeks ago. It's been warm and sunny here, supposed to get a couple rain showers in a couple days though.

I feel so sorry for you folks down Calgary way still into the calving season. That's gotta be a real stinker. (I think stinker is an understatement for the amount of snow that's accumulated down there.)

And thanks for the comments. :)

I feel so sorry for you folks down Calgary way still into the calving season. That's gotta be a real stinker. (I think stinker is an understatement for the amount of snow that's accumulated down there.)

Thank goodness my youngest baby is already almost two months old. But I was up and out at 5:30 am this morning as I heard bawling from some very panicked moms. It was someone to the east of me not mine. I went to town today and saw that my neighbor has at least 15 Holstein bull calves grafted onto his beef cows ,so this was a horrible year for calving... :(

And you all thought I was nuts calving in -40 weather,,,,they sure are doing great , big and sassy :nod: .

Got about 2/3 's bred back already...

hillsdown said:
And you all thought I was nuts calving in -40 weather,,,,they sure are doing great , big and sassy :nod: quote]
Oh hd ~ thats just one of the reasons we think you are nuts!! :nod:

Hey ~ awesome pics. My very favorite was of the robin on the fence. Just perfect!
I really liked the novelty of the bottom of the cats feet. That is something I would take a picture of...

Sandhill cranes ~ I call them the drunk drivers of the sky. Man they make it look hard! I always feel so bad watching them fly here. Always on the verge it seems of flipping upside down.

HD I'm glad to here that you didn't have any troubles...but that poor Holstein cow that your neighbour has... :( WOW.

Angie thanks, I seem to be getting better at taking quick pictures (to the robin one) becuase that robin sure didn't stay on that fence for very long, not with the cats around. ;-) :lol: As for the cranes, you gave me a good laugh. When you say "drunk drivers of the sky" I thought not of the fact that they look as if their on the verge of suddenly flipping upside down, but with the huge groups in that up-draft I started thinking about collisions. I'm sure it would've happened (possibly), but it was too high up to actually see. :D

Shorty, thank you. The beef have been sold off earlier this winter because of the lack of resources to help look after them. And of course the muck and uck of the corrals that are always a pain in the rear every spring. The renter of our place will soon have some jersey/holstein hiefers put in to keep down the grass. :)

Great pics and you weren't kidding about the dial-up beware! :lol2: I too liked the robin on the fence. You have a beautiful place there, that is for sure! :nod:

Latest posts